Andoran Vendor Sales

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLD 3]Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Andoran Vendor Sales

Postby Phizuol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:I'd be interested in buying q200 teeth and/or bones, although to be honest your arrow Q is good I just find it easier for me to get more than to bother smelting bronze is all.

I aimed the arrow sales at people with either low Survival or a lack of decent trees. With all the forum complaints about it I thought it would be a hit. =)

If bronze is a hassle is there any larger denomination that would work? I know gold and silver are out, and probably steel too. I usually have a stand selling 100 bronze coins for 33 wrought iron coins and that's pretty popular. I'm thinking the 6:1 steel:bronze ratio might be a little low at this point and I'd consider raising it if I thought people would start bringing in steel coins, but I'm just not convinced people want to part with their steel at all. I know originally Buyan wanted to encourage the bronze standard and I've stuck to that for the most part, but it might be nice to have a higher denomination for people with deep pockets.

Also, you could throw up a vending stand of your own to get you some coins ready to use whenever you visit. I can't remember a time I ever actually MADE a bronze coin.
Phizuol

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Cast is easier to make for me and I have many iron mines at my disposal probably setup for quick use.

I suppose I could use Lieto's stands to do cast->bronze and then go buy it though. :V

Bought all Bierwurst, BBB(man these are good for hunger! I'll take 'em any Q), DDD.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm

You don't *have* to mint coins, you know, you can earn them instead. Try setting up a shop and selling stuff for bc.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Phizuol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm

We have the same problem, DoG. Our only mine is iron. I used to do cast coins -> bronze coins exchange but the fact was I didn't really have a use for cast coins. This is actually an issue I've been wrestling with for a while, but I might be able to come up with a solution. We'll see. It would be really awesome to see Sodom start selling things for coin though (even steel coin.) And of course, thanks for you business!

Potjeh, do you know why Buyan went with a bc standard? I always assumed it was because it would be harder to mass produce and flood the market.
Phizuol

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

It's mostly because we felt that using our iron for coinage was wasteful.

I am quite surprised that there are people short on coins, though. I'm doing my best to spend my considerable earnings at other stalls.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby mweis92 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:30 pm

It seems my prices were pretty bad compared to yours, I lowered them by quite a bit, still managed to sell q90 DDD's for over 4,000 coins though.
mweis92

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:43 pm

My only area for stands kinda sucks and I couldn't think of anything pricing for the market, you see the market prices are vastly better than our prices, so when you see a q120 stone axe for 100 bc and q140+ ones for 600 bc, which would you go with? I either end up undercutting our own prices or I end up overpricing in Buyan. For example I started with our price for wooden bows->steel, 5 steel bars, fine price based on our thread, however no one bought (it seems steel just doesn't get sold there though?), I put it for 56 leather (VASTLY underpriced but most I could do) and it got sold out like hot cakes. I've sense moved it to any filet of fish, got nothing.

-Sigh- Ah well, the world isn't ready for barter stand bows.

What would you suggest if I do it in bronze? Do people actually buy things over 10k bronze?
I'm interested in selling for bronze coins but don't know WHAT I should sell for bronze coins that I can make. I've had stone axes, no one buys 'em, I could add bone saws, would people bother with that? PFft doubt it.

It's just a pain -sigh-, finding something people will buy.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm

In my experience, food and symbel sell fairly well. I'd also try ranger gear if you got silk to spare. Armour wise, plates go kinda slow, but I think it's just because it takes our local newbies a while to gather up 800 coins. Vapntreyis, though, sold like hotcakes. Tools are hit and miss, I often go for a week without selling anything and then sell out everything in one day (just today somebody bought 5 tankards :S).

I am currently considering expanding my offer to decent q blocks, boards and fibres, I reckon those should sell well. Feel free to steal my ideas.

I suppose that bronze is a bit overvalued, but with enough people holding stands we should be able to arrive at realistic prices through market forces.

*edit*
Oh yeah, I reckon there's a shortage of wrought and steel, and I'm pretty sure some of our local newbies would be interested in getting themselves brick walls.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby ramones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:My only area for stands kinda sucks and I couldn't think of anything pricing for the market, you see the market prices are vastly better than our prices, so when you see a q120 stone axe for 100 bc and q140+ ones for 600 bc, which would you go with? I either end up undercutting our own prices or I end up overpricing in Buyan. For example I started with our price for wooden bows->steel, 5 steel bars, fine price based on our thread, however no one bought (it seems steel just doesn't get sold there though?), I put it for 56 leather (VASTLY underpriced but most I could do) and it got sold out like hot cakes. I've sense moved it to any filet of fish, got nothing.

-Sigh- Ah well, the world isn't ready for barter stand bows.

What would you suggest if I do it in bronze? Do people actually buy things over 10k bronze?
I'm interested in selling for bronze coins but don't know WHAT I should sell for bronze coins that I can make. I've had stone axes, no one buys 'em, I could add bone saws, would people bother with that? PFft doubt it.

It's just a pain -sigh-, finding something people will buy.

Don't LIE, you got at least 56 fish today, and if may I say, q50+ files ;)
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Phizuol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

mweis92 wrote:It seems my prices were pretty bad compared to yours, I lowered them by quite a bit, still managed to sell q90 DDD's for over 4,000 coins though.

In my experience so far people seem pretty ok with any prices that are at least in the realm of reasonable. The main hurdle seems to be getting people to visit your stand and see what you have. As far as I know I'm the only one to advertise vendor sales, but I'd really recommend anyone selling to do the same because it's really effective. Also, we definitely welcome competition. That's why I never say where our stands are... come in and see everything that's for sale! We gotta get people trading first, then we'll worry about competition later. Honestly right now I think supply is just so low that people will pay whatever if they have the items to spare.

DatOneGuy wrote:It's just a pain -sigh-, finding something people will buy.

Thanks for that bow, it's awesome. XD You're going to run into a ceiling around 5,600 bronze coins or whatever the inventory limit is now. That's one reason why I want to start trying steel coins. Luckily we try to base a lot of our prices somewhat close to what Sodom and other big groups do so overall your prices shouldn't be too far off. I keep this in my mind: 3 cavebulb = 1 metal bar = 100bc. Would I pay an extra 500bc for a top quality axe compared to a "just good" one? Absolutely. Sodom demands top prices because they have top quality stuff. That won't change with vending sales.

We have similar experiences to Potjeh. Big ticket and one-time sales items (how many shovels and plate armor do you need, for example) go kinda slow, but our massive success has been food - something people always need. High quality metal bars would be another example of something in demand that would probably move quickly if you advertise it.

In regard to that bow sale, I really wanted to buy it for the steel but I just didn't have it freely available at the time. If we start trying to push a steel bar/coin currency it's going to mean having enough unused steel on the market that it can get passed around. I personally plan to start making some tonight (it will be my first try at it.) But it's going to take a lot of people willing to pay steel rather than just buying steel, which as far as I know isn't the case right now. For example, if Sodom was willing to trade steel coins for linen then even newbies could be earning steel coin that could eventually come back to Sodom through other products. Now you have linen and steel, yay! Steel coins won't happen overnight though, I know that much.
Phizuol

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]Apples For Oranges