Roleplaying oportunity!

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLD 3]Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: Roleplaying oportunity!

Postby Gray » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Grelf wrote:I'm actually interested. But it would have to be a cave with gigantic rooms to support a community like that, and preferably with a few mines nearby.

It would actually be in a mine, so it would be usefull and more customizable. So you coming?
Gray

Postby Grelf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Gray wrote:
Grelf wrote:I'm actually interested. But it would have to be a cave with gigantic rooms to support a community like that, and preferably with a few mines nearby.

It would actually be in a mine, so it would be usefull and more customizable. So you coming?

I'll talk to a couple of friends to see if they like the idea too, if you don't mind, but I'm not sure if they're into roleplaying. :) But yeah, we haven't planned much for the new world yet, it's possible they may want to join you too. I'll let you know about my decision once I get in touch with them.
Grelf

Postby Grog » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:19 pm

this remembers me of a group of players roleplaying orks. they were fun
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Moondee29 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 pm

I was going to open some Inn for roleplayers :) or any other fun folk; but due to the end of world (what a lame excuse! ) i didn't manage to; i will do that once thing settle down (see you a month or two? :D)
Moondee29

Postby Negatron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:24 am

I just posted something similar to this, then found this post so deleted it. I'm up for this.
I don't like the grinding element of this game at all, but it would be handle-able with people to play with who don't talk like they brains have been wired into internet forums and their vocabulary has been reduced to little more than a few abbreviations.

One thing though. It might be good to think about widening the scope a little from one single village. For instance, a few characters might split off, and become villains.

If such did happen it would be good to come up with some rules about PVP, like, don't kill people right away, let the story flow a bit, build up to a confrontation etc.

A private forum or something would be good to have too.
Negatron

Postby Mungoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 am

Negatron wrote:I just posted something similar to this, then found this post so deleted it. I'm up for this.
I don't like the grinding element of this game at all, but it would be handle-able with people to play with who don't talk like they brains have been wired into internet forums and their vocabulary has been reduced to little more than a few abbreviations.

One thing though. It might be good to think about widening the scope a little from one single village. For instance, a few characters might split off, and become villains.

If such did happen it would be good to come up with some rules about PVP, like, don't kill people right away, let the story flow a bit, build up to a confrontation etc.

I've always to work within a quaint bistro serving beer made by the local beer-maker, bread from the baker and cheese from the farmer; if you guys gather enough serious, mature, and most importantly dedicated players for this, sign me up.
Mungoo

Postby oreguru » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 am

ne thing though. It might be good to think about widening the scope a little from one single village. For instance, a few characters might split off, and become villains.

Honestly i like RP and it will be good to see some in HnH , but this would bring it too far.

Would be nice to see a network of roleplaying villages probably spread around some grid later on, such would provide for diplomacy and trade conflicts possibly, staging the whole pvp and villainy, well it would be up for people, as probably anyone who leaves a scent early on, would become a "free kill, free stuff" target.

Also, regarding not many people PMing you, like myself, im interested in the idea, and overall roleplaying options in HnH are good, but there always is a group of people you play with and it would require everyone to join probably, otherwise most important social aspect can make the game dull.
Takes time and trust, good luck though.
oreguru

Postby Mungoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 am

oreguru wrote:
ne thing though. It might be good to think about widening the scope a little from one single village. For instance, a few characters might split off, and become villains.

Honestly i like RP and it will be good to see some in HnH , but this would bring it too far.

Would be nice to see a network of roleplaying villages probably spread around some grid later on, such would provide for diplomacy and trade conflicts possibly, staging the whole pvp and villainy, well it would be up for people, as probably anyone who leaves a scent early on, would become a "free kill, free stuff" target.

Also, regarding not many people PMing you, like myself, im interested in the idea, and overall roleplaying options in HnH are good, but there always is a group of people you play with and it would require everyone to join probably, otherwise most important social aspect can make the game dull.
Takes time and trust, good luck though.

Well if there were enough people showing interest, with a little bit of organization all the role-players could form proper groups of people, all spawn on 1 guy and then split off into the surrounding wood-lands to form what is essentially a role-playing region where these role-playing villages could stage their drama at a reasonable distance.
Mungoo

Postby Grelf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 am

I believe HnH has a lot of potential concerning this. I don't know how big you people intend to make this, but it is actually possible to simulate feudal/medieval structures in HnH successfully with quite some accuracy, since the game itself has a lot in common with that period of history, although the mainstream view here deviates a lot from such ideals (i.e. every dispute here is a matter of calling a group of people to go and murder whoever you don't like, or so it seems). The problem is that power gamers may suddenly decide to ruin the fun. :?
Grelf

Postby Negatron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 am

Power gamers ruining the fun will probably happen yes, but I think it would be quite interesting for the role playing village/area to suddenly encounter 'woshippers of some strange god called.... 'lol''
Negatron

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]Dwarves & Thieves