Roleplaying oportunity!

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLD 3]Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: Roleplaying oportunity!

Postby Mungoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:28 am

Well if this is going to be serious someone has to organize it and find out some names/numbers as to who is playing. Then they'll have to decide who everyone will spawn on, rules, ect.
Mungoo

Postby Thokan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 am

It is a great idea and ought to be encouraged.

Although, for my part, it is too strict. I like my RP casual!

Best of luck though, guys. I might stop by :)
Thokan

Postby Negatron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

As to rules, keep it simple.

Dont be a jerk

Roleplay your character

Have fun.

Gray posted this, so I assume he'd be 'organising' it.

He should send out PM's to those interested once the new world is up and then see how it goes.

Though I Pm'ed him and had no response.

If anyone is interested in this, I invite them to PM me, and I'll try and 'organise' it. Unless Gray perks up on here and says he's up for doing so.

Also, Thokan. Whats too strict about it? I'd be interested in hearing what has put you off, nothings really been decided.
Negatron

Postby Gray » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Guys its gonna be hardcore to the point that everything your character does will be roleplayed.
If you ingame dont feel like talking or roleplaying our characters will just think you are not too happy that day.
Its not hard to say something in area chat once awhile.

I got a few people already interested, and there are no plans so far for any forums, only after it gets big.
Keep posting suggestions.

Edit: Do you guys mind if I put your names in first post in the thread?
Gray

Postby UberTheNoob » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Gray wrote:Edit: Do you guys mind if I put your names in first post in the thread?

nope
Oh! how did i get here?
UberTheNoob

Postby Thokan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Negatron wrote:Also, Thokan. Whats too strict about it? I'd be interested in hearing what has put you off, nothings really been decided.

Oh, I'm sorry. It is just in my experience that when you gather around RPers, most who will show like their RP strict and precise and enjoy enforcing this view upon the rest of their community. I am far too at a leisure when I decide to RP to ever feel comfortable playing with a community of dedicated RPers. Nothing against you guys, I think the idea is marvelous and I hope I bump into you guys some time in the future in world 4 ;)
Thokan

Postby Gray » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Thokan wrote:
Negatron wrote:Also, Thokan. Whats too strict about it? I'd be interested in hearing what has put you off, nothings really been decided.

Oh, I'm sorry. It is just in my experience that when you gather around RPers, most who will show like their RP strict and precise and enjoy enforcing this view upon the rest of their community. I am far too at a leisure when I decide to RP to ever feel comfortable playing with a community of dedicated RPers. Nothing against you guys, I think the idea is marvelous and I hope I bump into you guys some time in the future in world 4 ;)

But I already said we are nothing like that at all, the only real rule is that you dont speak out of character in area chat, party chat is reserved for that.
Gray

Postby Thokan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Gray wrote:
Thokan wrote:

But I already said we are nothing like that at all, the only real rule is that you dont speak out of character in area chat, party chat is reserved for that.

I know, I know. All I'm saying is that RPers get grumpy around other RPers when they are not following the rules ;)
Thokan

Postby Grelf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:55 pm

The only rules I really expect is no meta-gaming/god-modding, no Mary Sues and no über magical characters from another world that suddenly appeared there. Seriously, those things really ruin the fun, that is, people trying to get all of the attention to themselves. If those things be present, then I'm out, even though I haven't messaged my friends yet. :roll:
Grelf

Postby Chance » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

zacty wrote:im going to be roleplaying, but as a nomad. i may stop by your village though :D

We have a guy named nomad in our village, that might be you.
Chance

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]Dwarves & Thieves