A simple thing. An IMPORTANT thing.

Old C&I threads.

A simple thing. An IMPORTANT thing.

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 pm

The regrowing of trees in all natures. I have seen the likes of great deforestation, and from what I've now heard, they don't grow back.

When armor founders and there are tools to be made, and there is no fuel for the smelter, what are we to do for weapons and armor?

So. FOR THE GOOD OF ALL THINGS WARLIKE (or tool-like) LET THE TREES GROW ONCE AGAIN. FOR THE GOOD OF NO GOOD DOING.
[02:31] <WorkerDrone> Kinky.
[02:31] <Malicus> Actually, it's more like it destroyed his pants.
[02:31] <WorkerDrone> Even more kinky.
[02:32] <Malicus> Yes.
WorkerDrone

Re: A simple thing. An IMPORTANT thing.

Postby shockedfrog » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Already planned. If you chop down every single tree in the world, they might make it a higher priority, but then again, they might let us just start killing each other for branches.
shockedfrog

Postby StarChaser » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

There are plenty of trees out there. There are millions in Mordor. We won't run out before the next map refresh. Believe me.
I believe the deforestation you are refering to is that done by the B12 dwarfs. They will do that to ya. ;)
Just wait until they get a mine. Then we won't ever see them. :P
StarChaser

Postby sami1337 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 pm

They got a mine. And a forest..but the latter will not be there for long.

I want to be able to replant trees over anything. Hopefully they will add it in the next update.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Lightning4 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 am

Yeah, the area of the first two rings is starting to become a wasteland... and I can't say that I didn't help with it. :P
Lightning4

Postby theTrav » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 am

I don't know how I feel about re-planting trees... It's important to be able to do it, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't incredibly slow growing.

Like, I'd expect them to be an order of magnitude or two slower than crops.

More important than tree regrowing in my opinion is the ability to construct roads and carts to have lumber camps and allow transporting lumber back to mines
theTrav

Postby kimya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

theTrav wrote:I don't know how I feel about re-planting trees... It's important to be able to do it, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't incredibly slow growing.
Like, I'd expect them to be an order of magnitude or two slower than crops.
More important than tree regrowing in my opinion is the ability to construct roads and carts to have lumber camps and allow transporting lumber back to mines

I agree. and i think, it should be hard to plant trees. i dont like the idea of having huge areas where one tree stands besides another one. Dunno, this would really suck ...
Or in the beginning, just let the trees regrow from the stamps
no planting and stuff. that would be enough. And give you time to think about a good solution.

/edit
it just came to my mind: why not make trees grow randomly somewhere next to another tree. like for instance, every in-game week, two trees start to grow next to a tree. random and not too close to others. if theres too many trees, no new one would grow.
wow, that would be fun! to actually manage forests. There should be special types of land where trees cant grow though, like on the steppe.
kimya

Return to [ARCHIVE]Critique & Ideas