Arrows stick / mass pick up

Old C&I threads.

Arrows stick / mass pick up

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

It would be really neat if arrows *stuck* in the people/animals you fire them at, rather then instantly falling to the ground like a thrown rock.. [they could even do slow damage over time until removed like leeches].
Plus its really annoying to have to pick up 5-10 arrows that are underneith the animal.. if there was a way to "slowly over time refill the quiver from the arrows in a pile" directly.. or anything that reduces the amount of click pick up, click move from inventory to quiver X 10 every time.. would be amazing.
Rift

Re: Arrows stick / mass pick up

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm

I am planning to have arrows go directly into the quiver when picked up, at least.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kimya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 pm

loftar wrote:I am planning to have arrows go directly into the quiver when picked up, at least.

perfect, whats what i wanted to suggest aswell. and it would be even better if newly crafted arrows would to the same. its so much of a clicking around, which gets really annoying at some point.
I love my bow!
kimya

Postby shockedfrog » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 pm

While I'm all for the convenience of this, Is there/will there be a way of removing arrows from a quiver?
shockedfrog

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:57 pm

There will be. Somewhere along the line, I'll implement some kind of generic routines for objects and items that have/are inventories, like the quiver, so that they should support all the standard stuff.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby StarChaser » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 am

On a similar subject.
I was wondering if you guys were thinking about implementing a transfer all inventory button.
When gathering ore, wood, coal etc. the amount of clicking involved can cause ones hand to hurt. It could be a button on the smelter/build window/container window to transfer everything that the particular object can take into it.
Eg. A smelter would take all the coal and ore in your inventory but leave the loaf of bread and sheep skin you are carrying.

~SC
StarChaser

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 am

@ Starchaser: You can shift-click to speed transfers between two inventories.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Devour » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 am

jorb wrote:@ Starchaser: You can shift-click to speed transfers between two inventories.

Ooh, nice. I didn't know that.
Devour

Postby StarChaser » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Same here. That is good news. Thanks Jorb! :D
StarChaser

Return to [ARCHIVE]Critique & Ideas