Some ideas about animals, economy and civilization.

Postby Cpowa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Hello,

My ideas:

-Domesticate animals to have pets
-Make flock of sheep (with a cattle dog), or herd.
-The domesticate cows can be used to plow and to carry (big) stuff with a cart.

Will there be an economic system with money and other stuff ?
So we can practice a job like bread baker, butcher, farmer, cheese maker, blacksmith, mercenary, tamer, fisher, cook, carpenter and most of all an authority like guards or "policemen" to protect people form stealing and crime.(they can be the game master). And some mayor who tells to the carpenter where to build building to make a beautiful town. (and he can command policemen)
So we can buy stuff to other trader, it will be more easy to live in H&H.
Cpowa

Re: Some ideas about animals, economy and civilization.

Postby Trafalgar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:58 pm

I've released lucky rabbits in our mine, but they keep getting grabbed and eaten. :P

(And erased when the server resets)

I had a rabbit in my house at one point, that got erased during a crash too, of course. I'd love to have domesticated sheep in a fence, though! Here sheep! Good sheep! I always wanted a sheep like you! (I remember stuffing 7 or 8 sheep into a tiny house in Ultima Online)
Trafalgar

Postby RaptorJedi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:02 pm

Man, I'm telling you. That rabbit WAS lucky. I ate it, and right after I got 6 bars of iron in the smelter :3=
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm

You CAN practice jobs. You just need a large village with cooperative people. Down at Bottleneck we all specialize in something. I'm a farmer, we have our bakers, metalworkers, hunters, leatherworkers and some more jobs I can't remember. And let me tell you, it's much more efficient this way. We don't even need money to make it all work, we function as an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

But when mints get implemented it'll do wonders for our external trade.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Dennislp3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm

I wonder if when a money system is introduced how long we will stay communal and communist like where everything is free...the money will no doubt bring up some interesting rifts in our social structure...I like the idea of that :D
Dennislp3

Postby Cpowa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Potjeh wrote:You CAN practice jobs. You just need a large village with cooperative people. Down at Bottleneck we all specialize in something. I'm a farmer, we have our bakers, metalworkers, hunters, leatherworkers and some more jobs I can't remember. And let me tell you, it's much more efficient this way. We don't even need money to make it all work, we function as an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

But when mints get implemented it'll do wonders for our external trade.

But we need an authority to make things more structured and more functional.
For example building a nice city well structured (not like your :roll: ) with one hunter, one leatherworkers, one butcher etc... and some policemen
Then make roads for connected cities and some carrier to do trading between cities, and make (big) wars between different clans on different cities etc...

However 90% of the building on the game are going to be non functional, and 90% of the peoples will play alone. ( it's ugly to see stuff and building here and there)
And some murderer will kill all the peaceful peoples without defense (like farmer and other..)
Cpowa

Postby kimya » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:06 am

Potjeh wrote: We don't even need money to make it all work, we function as an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

I like this one. Thats what im aiming for aswell. It will happen. Eventually.

Cpowa wrote:But we need an authority to make things more structured and more functional.
For example building a nice city well structured (not like your :roll: ) with one hunter, one leatherworkers, one butcher etc... and some policemen
Then make roads for connected cities and some carrier to do trading between cities, and make (big) wars between different clans on different cities etc...

However 90% of the building on the game are going to be non functional, and 90% of the peoples will play alone. ( it's ugly to see stuff and building here and there)
And some murderer will kill all the peaceful peoples without defense (like farmer and other..)

Excuse me, but screw authorities! Everything will work out fine :D
The reason why there are so many things lying around (houses included) is that you simply cant destroy or recycle them (yet).
There are already some villages alive and doing well. way better than most lonesome travellers. (then again, define "better"... beats me)
They can defend themselves against wild animals and thieves and murderers (hmm, never seen a murderer so far - strange?), trade with other cities and have a lot of fun.
The first Police(wo)man Ill see in H&H wont see anyone else nymore.
Last edited by kimya on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimya

Postby Rift » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:10 am

I think our village works decently, and while theres a lot of things that could make it easier to organize game-style/ui/code-wise, we still manage. And the bay12ers seem to be doing fine.
In fact our village and the bay12 village seem to be setting up a regular trade route...

I don't know about "giant wars" since there arn't that many people... the largest village[bottleneck] in the world has what.. 18 people? >.< and its not like there all on at the same time...

But i think our village [the village by the sea] and the bay12 village [bottleneck] prove that even with the current limitations people can work together sucessfully to the benefit of all involved.

All that accomplished without any moderator/god figure help, just people banding together and cooperating, go figure, maybe theres hope for the world yet.
Rift

Postby theTrav » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:40 am

Decay of built structures and items, along with the ability to destroy / repair will go a long way towards making things more ordered.
theTrav

Postby Trafalgar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 am

There were a lot of things I hated in Wurm, and decay of structures and having to constantly maintain them was one of them. It'd be nice to see empty baskets which aren't inside an owned zone vanish after a while, though, and other unmovable things which aren't in owned zones and haven't been used in weeks.
Trafalgar

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]Critique & Ideas