Griefers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Griefers

Postby SeanPan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

SquirrelLazer wrote:Yeah im gonna say..as Russian born and part Russian thats a bit harsh man. Sure there alot of "Russian Griefers", but the few times ive died its been to english speaking people, and i speak better english than Russian so its nothing to do with my nationality.

But if I don't gib you moniez, you will repot me :(
SeanPan

Re: Russian Grievers

Postby pyrale » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Canaris wrote:That's part of the traditional definition of griefing: an act or acts that are seen as harassment, inappropriate, or unfair.

A single game action in a game such as Hnh can't be called griefing (or not griefing) without further informations. For instance, if you take the "murder" ability, it is obvious that murdering the random hermit lowbie without a reason is griefing, while murdering a member of a powerful enemy faction is rewarding in terms of ingame consequences.

still, there are people that are destroying other people's work, knowing that those people are significantly lower in progression and manpower, and that they won't get any immediate profit from their deeds.

All in all however, I think that people from a faction destroying hermits and smaller factions are only hindering themselves, because they are losing that extra manpower that they would get from trade. Those guys are stupid on top of being griefers imo.
pyrale

Re: Griefers

Postby Krugz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:47 pm

tatianka3006 wrote: WTF! Can this ever be avoided or what!? Or do we need to just endure this kind of people just showing up out of nowhere!?

- move off the river, I'm assuming you're living near the river.
- build palisades and a large personal claim to cover it all
- train your UC to at least 30~50
- make leather armor at least, trade for any metal armor asap (not as hard as you might think, a lot of people are looking for things like chests full of chantrelles of any quality.)
- have some system of keys/doors/crossroads for entering/leaving your area so that even if someone dies outside with the keys on them, it won't be the end of everything all at once.
- make friends with nearby villages if possible, especially if they have rangers that are willing to help

-OR-

- join someone else who already has all or more of the above, and learn to play through their experience and help, while under their protection.

Basically, there's things you can do to counter griefers. You're a new player, so obviously you haven't been given enough time to really figure everything out and get moving, but these suggestions for the most part should get you on the right foot.

PS: I'm a full-blooded Russian 8-)
Signed,
that guy who did that thing same as the first II
Krugz

Postby MaryShaw » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Zigabogado wrote:I'm amazed, I truly am.
That there is all this hate towards Russians,
But none to the Germans appearing? Come on guys, they were Nazis. We should be on their tail like that.

Now you really should shut your mouth, like you said yourself "they were Nazis. Not every German is a Nazi nor can you punish every German for the sins of their fathers or grandfathers. Sure we still got some teenagers running around behaving like idiots, but that doesn't mean shit.
Next time think before you write a shitty post like that. :roll:
MaryShaw

Postby SpiderJerusalem » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 pm

MaryShaw wrote:
But none to the Germans appearing? Come on guys, they were Nazis. We should be on their tail like that.

Now you really should shut your mouth, like you said yourself "they were Nazis. Not every German is a Nazi nor can you punish every German for the sins of their fathers or grandfathers. Sure we still got some teenagers running around behaving like idiots, but that doesn't mean shit.

I think you didn't get his post.

he is saying that hating all russian for some russian griefers is like hating all germans because of the nazi-histroy
-Bottleneck-
SpiderJerusalem

Postby Krugz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 pm

MaryShaw wrote:

Never read a racist post that wasn't shitty :P

"Your father's father once lived in the same country as another guy of the same nationality who then did bad things. You're the scum of the earth!"

Trace your heritage back far enough, I dare someone to find a person who didn't have a bloody history. (hint: it's a red herring)

SpiderJerusalem wrote:I think you didn't get his post.

he is saying that hating all russian for some russian griefers is like hating all germans because of the nazi-histroy

Are you sure you're not putting words in his mouth/post? I guess my sarcasm meter might be broken, though.
Signed,
Krugz

Postby SpiderJerusalem » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Krugz wrote:

Are you sure you're not putting words in his mouth/post? I guess my sarcasm meter might be broken, though.

pretty sure.

dude do you live in germany and just watched The Simpsons?
-Bottleneck-
SpiderJerusalem

Postby Krugz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:54 pm

SpiderJerusalem wrote:
Krugz wrote:

pretty sure.

I don't watch TV, and I live in the US. Is it a direct quote from the Simpsons? If so, sorry :lol:
Signed,
Krugz

Postby SpiderJerusalem » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Krugz wrote:
SpiderJerusalem wrote:
Krugz wrote:

pretty sure.

I don't watch TV, and I live in the US. Is it a direct quote from the Simpsons? If so, sorry :lol:

I saw a episode of The Simpson with a sarcasm meter in it like 5min before I read your post, thats why I was asking ;)
-Bottleneck-
SpiderJerusalem

Postby Fredulom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 am

Jackard wrote:gonna have to challenge you on that, the wiki describes nothing well

HA!
+[[ Fredulom, Chieftain of Alpacastan ]]-

Guess what religion we practice in Alpacastan? Isllama.
Fredulom

Previous

Return to In Congress Assembled