Griefers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Griefers

Postby lyk32 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Well, i really liked this game VERY much, but this is going out of hand. For a third time, a russian (he speaks russian at first) steps into my land, would ask me if i'm a russian or if i could speak russian. Whenever i say sorry, nope, i speak english only, guess what; they start griefing the whole place. Going around destroying tools, emptying wine barrels, throwing items into water, harvesting and disposing corps, steal my key and much more... Even when i tried building walls (As a new character, i can't get the required materials within a short timeframe cause i do not have the timeto do so or stay logged in 24/7), they destroyed it, FYI, it's palisade walls. There's once, the cornerpost i've built just completed and i'm not around at that time since i'm sleeping, someone sealed it...and left a runestones with russian words. Suprising, those always come harassing weaker players do speak russian. I remembered there was one guy who built his home on an island, it was kinda established; like having a big crop field, many equipment etc. However, i saw some stranger entered his island and i though he was just foraging. Later do i know, all the trees on the island being chopped down, converted into lumber and all boats stolen...The "owner" was seriously pissed as he was stucked on it; who wouldn't? (swimming = sucuide; got him out of that awful situation though). Oh com'on, why do you guys have to bully us because we are not "one of you"? We are just trying to "live a peacefull life" or start to have fun... Well, i told myself not to play this game anymore since the griefers ruined my day, but i returned again and again. However, whenever i return, always within a week, without fail, i got griefed... I don't think there's nothing much we newbies can do out there, but i would like to create awareness among this community....Just count myself unlucky to meet some inconsiderate players, but i really liked this game very much EXCEPT them... :cry:

P.S. Thanks guys, brains got "fried" that day, did not give it a 2nd though before i posted. I would like to apologize to those who feel offended. Griefers are inevitable due to the nature of the game and are also not only found in this game, but others as well. There are much solutions to these problems but varies according. Luck play a huge role too. Anyway, i will like to wish you guys to have a pleasant experience while playing this (homebrew) game; Haven & Hearth.
Last edited by lyk32 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyk32

Re: Russian Grievers

Postby Firemind » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

u just unlucky bro
Firemind

Postby Goom » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

If it makes you feel any better there's a group of American's going around killing indisciminantly too.
Goom

Postby FatBob » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Goom wrote:If it makes you feel any better there's a group of American's going around killing indisciminantly too.

Whoo ?
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby GreenScape » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

lyk32 wrote:Well, i really liked this game VERY much, but this is going out of hand. For a third time, a russian (he speaks russian at first) steps into my land, would ask me if i'm a russian or if i could speak russian. Whenever i say sorry, nope, i speak english only, guess what; they start griefing the whole place. Going around destroying tools, emptying wine barrels, throwing items into water, harvesting and disposing corps, steal my key and much more... Even when i tried building walls (As a new character, i can't get the required materials within a short timeframe cause i do not have the timeto do so or stay logged in 24/7), they destroyed it, FYI, it's palisade walls. There's once, the cornerpost i've built just completed and i'm not around at that time since i'm sleeping, someone sealed it...and left a runestones with russian words. Suprising, those always come harassing weaker players do speak russian. I remembered there was one guy who built his home on an island, it was kinda established; like having a big crop field, many equipment etc. However, i saw some stranger entered his island and i though he was just foraging. Later do i know, all the trees on the island being chopped down, converted into lumber and all boats stolen...The "owner" was seriously pissed as he was stucked on it; who wouldn't? (swimming = sucuide; got him out of that awful situation though). Oh com'on, why do you guys have to bully us because we are not "one of you"? We are just trying to "live a peacefull life" or start to have fun... Well, i told myself not to play this game anymore since the griefers ruined my day, but i returned again and again. However, whenever i return, always within a week, without fail, i got griefed... I don't think there's nothing much we newbies can do out there, but i would like to create awareness among this community....Just count myself unlucky to meet some inconsiderate players, but i really liked this game very much EXCEPT them... :cry:

don't be sad dude. that's just russians. they behave identically in RL(belive me, i know). the best way out is to join developed village. check Dwarves & Thieves section.
I hate you! Yes, you!
How does it matter when you die? Today? In hundred years? What will be left of you after millenia?
GreenScape

Postby Lahrmid » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm

If it weren't for the awesome drama I'd vote for russians to be banned from the game, forums and interwebs.

Yes, this game has made me hate them that much.
Lahrmid

Postby GreenScape » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

but... [sarcasm]in real life they aren't that bad[/sarcasm]

I hate you! Yes, you!
How does it matter when you die? Today? In hundred years? What will be left of you after millenia?
GreenScape

Postby Shrevident » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Trying playing Fallout: Online

They make our killer Russians look like small time

Learning some Cyrillic can be used to help with this problem.
"We hold these truths to be SELF-SHREVIDENT!"
In-game name is Jareth
Shrevident

Postby parapheen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 pm

That's the vengeance for ruined Bitardsk maybe? :P

Come on, there's no grieving in HnH.
At least it's not forbidden.

ps. Well, i'm sorry about that anyway, i don't like people being sad. I think that "loosing is fun", personally. It's a challenge, actually... and this challenge is the main "selling point" of the game indeed.
Не аз повинен твоеи смерти, или государь твои или ты сам, на мене ничто же рци зла: аще государь твои, ведая тебе малоумна и не научена, послал тя есть ко мне, к великоумну государю, то государь твои убил тя есть; аще ли сам дерзнул еси, не научився, то сам убил еси себя.

Main idea of the quote - this is your fault that i killed you, not mine.
parapheen

Postby Monkeytofu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm

It's strange that Russian grievers would be playing H&H, figured they be busy doing something else like, I don't know, grieving?
[13:09:52] <shadowchris> u seduce to name calling?

Flame wrote:Do you want show me another proof of you're QI with another nonsense post or you'll choose to stay silent if you don't have nothing of value to say?
Monkeytofu

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled