Haven & Hearth 102

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Haven & Hearth 102

Postby Chakravanti » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 am

Done & Done. Thanks.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby burgingham » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Well now this looks like it could be a worthy sticky.

Also good to have you back, even though it is not in Sodom. We should totally make plans for world 4. ;)
burgingham

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:59 pm

burgingham wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5786

Didn't read it, so I am not sure how good it is.

It's good as long as you scroll downt he first post and read Potjeh's advice, and take it.

There's a bug with taming that I'm not sure is intended or not, was it ever reported?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Pretty nice guide, but I disagree with your choice of per food. Milk is better used for cheese than butter, since MBC is *the* trade good. Chicken chorizo does the job just fine, and the dex FEPs are a pretty nice bonus as well.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:13 pm

I never use butter myself but if somehow you've gone over two months or so following this advice and have a decent stock of cows giving you milk, go for it. Use your best for butter and the rest for cheese. Unless a newbie has a REALLY good table (not herbalist) he traded for, he won't be eating as much cheese as I do, and 12 cows milked twice a day serves me good and is STUPID easy to feed. I keep 80 pumpkins near about 8 and fill them once a week, seems to be enough even when getting 2~3 pregnant.

I make 15 trays of cheese daily with my current setup, a newbie making transition to veteran if he wanted to could triple that. To make 15 trays daily it takes 9 curding tubs, 180L milk, daily. Not hard to triple that really, but not worth it unless you really need it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh, of course he won't eat that cheese, I'm just saying that if he's trading food he should be trading MBC because it gives best value per labour investment.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Potjeh wrote:Oh, of course he won't eat that cheese, I'm just saying that if he's trading food he should be trading MBC because it gives best value per labour investment.

The infrastructure required to establish cheese production is extensive but would definately give a nub a far better return.

The problem with cheese is the extensive investment into productivity. This requires at least brick walls.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah but really if you can manage the wrought that's a really easy thing to do, and given how many villlages have iron mines and I'm sure would like to get their hands on some good like a bunch of dough/foods, it shouldn't be hard to do.
DatOneGuy

Postby toshirohayate » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Oh look! I was the first one quoted D:

This guide is growing alot though, It should help a ton of newbies who are new and wondering how the game runs. And what not.

I remember when I started.. Aww god it took forever learning the tides and ropes. Good to see people contributing to some nice guides.

Now we just need to get the newbs to look here instead of flooding IRC!
toshirohayate

Postby Tacheron » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I suggest you add links to the other 2 very valuable guides (the combat system and the village safety guide):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6518

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7116&p=80354#p80354

Also, it might be worth mentioning that as well as linen, you can very easily trade bricks in bulk, so I'd put that as the number 2 resource.

All in all, nice to see this grow, yeah.
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?