Please Ask Simple Questions Here

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Please Ask Simple Questions Here

Postby ImAwesome » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 am

thanks, I feel silly now :lol:
ImAwesome

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 am

Whippet wrote:what is the advantage that unarmed has over melee, aside from the lack of IP to use attacks?

Put simply, Maneuvers. Maneuvers make a huge difference in speed of combat.
TeckXKnight

Postby Whippet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Put simply, Maneuvers. Maneuvers make a huge difference in speed of combat.

As such, even if one has a sword and shield equipped (instead of the Bay 12 Battle Axe), he ought to be using more maneuvers than just 'Shield' ?
I suppose I have much to learn when it comes to the weirding way of the Hearth.
Whippet

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 am

Maneuvers are based on your unarmed combat versus your opponents unarmed combat. Just think that, passively, every time my opponent uses a move on me I can gain initiative or attack or defense, or increase the speed of my next move. If my unarmed is 4x that of my opponents then I have a 2x modifier on what I gain from maneuvers too. So while I'm using moves, just like my opponent, I'm getting passive increases to my combat capacity constantly. I hope you can see why getting 2 or 3 initiative in the same amount of time it takes my opponent to get 1 is a great speed increase.
Last edited by TeckXKnight on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeckXKnight

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 am

Whippet wrote:
As such, even if one has a sword and shield equipped (instead of the Bay 12 Battle Axe), he ought to be using more maneuvers than just 'Shield' ?
I suppose I have much to learn when it comes to the weirding way of the Hearth.

Shields are severely space restricting, aswell as restricting maneuvers. If you only use block you're locked out from bloodlust, DoG, Oak stance and combat med. It is a giant crutch which is why we're suggesting UA over it.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am

Combat is a very deep subject and probably should be discussed in it's own thread. While a few basics are pretty much universally accepted, there are many nuances and strategies that players can implement.

There are already several threads on the subject and much more information that will likely never get posted because some of the best fighters in this game don't want to give away their strategies.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby defiler86 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:34 pm

2 questions:

What is the frequency of acquiring acre-clay and ball-clay? I would only be able to dig up one block and then won't be able to dig up another block till some time later. :\

What marksmanship level should hunting be reliable? Currently its getting to 6, but personally won't try bow hunting till it 10, will 10 be good, or should I wait till later. :\
defiler86

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:00 pm

You need to find a node with quality higher than q10. If a spot is giving you q10 clay and then running out, that means it has no quality node and will never have a quality node. If it's even q11 it will give you so much more and regenerate to full relatively quickly.

10 Marksmanship is fine, you'll just spend a really long time aiming. Always have Marksmanship equal to 2x the quality of your sling and use a sling over a bow until you have at least a q40 bow. The speed of a sling is just too amazing to pass up and it's much easier to raise sling quality than it is to raise bow quality.
TeckXKnight

Postby defiler86 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:You need to find a node with quality higher than q10. If a spot is giving you q10 clay and then running out, that means it has no quality node and will never have a quality node. If it's even q11 it will give you so much more and regenerate to full relatively quickly.

Okay... so a good guide to finding good clay is to check the quality of what you find. If I find a q10 clay, don't bother returning there, but anymore I might revisit there for some time.

Read the wiki a bit clearer now... wiki saying: "Each of the listed areas holds 1 unit of clay, except for areas with a clay quality point that hold larger amounts." So, I'll just keep eye on the quality from here on out. Thanks.

TeckXKnight wrote:10 Marksmanship is fine, you'll just spend a really long time aiming. Always have Marksmanship equal to 2x the quality of your sling and use a sling over a bow until you have at least a q40 bow. The speed of a sling is just too amazing to pass up and it's much easier to raise sling quality than it is to raise bow quality.

Cool. I'll stick with a sling for a bit till I get my Marksmanship up a little higher. Thanks again.
defiler86

Postby zeb516 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 pm

When I mine sometimes something that looks like a crystal comes out and Im not able to mine it out what is it?
zeb516

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?