Berdy wrote:I've gone through 8 LC and more or less 4 invetories(4x6) of just clams. I boiled them all for pearls. >.< So far no pearls. is this normal? am I just super unlucky? or are there any tricks to increase the chances of getting pearls?
It's all luck dude, it happens to all of us. I had a long streak for about the same amount as you. Just keep at it dude, you'll get it eventually =)
Well I went for another trip with my 2 LC and my boat, and again no pearl.
I guess I'm just unlucky, around 600 clams and no pearl.
This doesn't seem right for 1% chance per clam. Doing probablility math, it is very unlikely. This leads me to believe that another system is in place. I want to test this theory or atleast get the proper percent for success.
Assuming 1% of getting a pearl for every clam is correct, the chance of not getting a pearl would be 99%(.99)
Chance of getting 1 or more pearls
Didn't bother to use this time but you could also use( if you know how)http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx
Anyone got a mod/bot to record clams and pearls at real world time, game time, moon phases of the game, and any other factors would be nice too. Then puts it into the excel sheet of some sort. I want to check for time patterns. I'll try to program one myself if I can't find one, but I am not the best programmer.