Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 115 Tips!)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 105 Tips!)

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:30 pm

venatorvenator wrote:As far as I know there are no reports of this one yet:

If you have, say, a q150 axe equipped, you will do some stuff quicker. Once the progress bar starts running, you may unequip the axe and switch to a travelling sack, but the will speed with remain the same. This is useful if you want to have an extra space for the things you're mining/butchering/etc.

It also works with ropes and leashed animals - you can herd them without even holding a rope. This is particularly useful if you are crossing the wilds and don't want to get caught unarmed.

I couldn't test with pickaxes and shovels yet, but I'm assuming it works are well.

Confirmed shovel worked like 2 months ago, so it probably works now too.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 am

Shovel works and pickaxe works with cellarstones only, butchering doesn't work as far as I know
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:12 am

Yeah, butchering doesn't work. Might have something to do with the sharp tool requirement. Also doesn't work with saws.

Works with scythes though. Which is pretty useless.

I'm trying to see if there's any advantage in using that in combat but even if it works with weapons it's probably useless too.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 am

venatorvenator wrote:Yeah, butchering doesn't work. Might have something to do with the sharp tool requirement. Also doesn't work with saws.

Works with scythes though. Which is pretty useless.

I'm trying to see if there's any advantage in using that in combat but even if it works with weapons it's probably useless too.

Wow, that's a really smart idea. Can't find a use either, but queueing sting and taking the sword off? It might actually work. Gonna try.
Result: The character walks up to the target character as if it's going to hit him, but stops moving when it's in hit range. Doesn't work, it checks twice if you have sword. Once when you queue, and when you arrive.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm

I was thinking of stinging with a b12. Haven't tried but based on your info it won't work.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Bampfylde » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:51 pm

#1:
Water combat:
You can put one combat move/attack on your cursor after clicking into a river (but before you enter the water)
This is great for movement hits when you get followed in by someone who hasn't got a move queued on you.
Also, its easy to get a movement hit on someone just after you exit the water but before they do, if they are right behind you - wait for them on the bank with an attack queued.
But try not to kill them in the water unless you have to :(
#2:
Flotsams without boat:
You can click to forage a flotsam in the water, and before you enter the water still right-click your flask. Stamina drains pretty slowly while not moving in the water (i.e. while grabbing the flot), but if you get below ~10-20% at any point just drink to full stamina and click back to shore to stay safe.
#3:
Insect combat helpers:
You can occasionally use ants to help you in combat, by triggering your manoeuvers/giving you something low agi to move off. Most useful with combat meds against a higher-statted opponent- but be careful, since you have to stop moving around so much briefly (they first attack then start their moves).
Bampfylde

Postby DamJNeT » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 pm

You can ALWAYS use travel to hearthfire", even if you have 100% travel weariness.

To be able to bring back more than your inventory while foraging, build any container, fill it, lift it and travel to hearthfire.

If you want even more, build a boat and 2 containers. You can put the containers in the boat, lift the boat, and then port home.

That's why river foraging is so good but if you wander and find an abandoned claim with loot far from your home, this tip is great since you can come back with 40+ items instead of 10.

With the other tip of having an item "on your hand" when your inventory is full, I believe the maximum items you can carry while fast traveling is full inventory + 2 full containers in a lifted boat + item "in your hand"
DamJNeT

Postby Mattk50 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:39 pm

these are just a ton of exploits.
Mattk50

Postby ramones » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm not sure if this tip was added already or something similar but...

When you're starting with fresh char, let it be start of the world or in later stages that you plan to use the char, create first random char, put hs on him then after 5min create your "main" char through his HS. This way you have straight bashable HF in case you wanna move anywhere else soon, without the need of reaching the strenght cap.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Alzuule » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Personal experience tells me that peculiar flotsam appears far more often during full moon, not sure if me and my buddy just got lucky but during last full moon we found an incredible amount of flotsams during our river foraging while before and after we would have to be lucky to find more than 1 or 2. I just started playing a few days ago, only experienced the one full moon so im probably wrong :P
Alzuule

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?