Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 115 Tips!)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 105 Tips!)

Postby Woot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:04 am

Not sure if this helps anyone for taming or anything, But I found that even with just 28 charisma with a random alt I have been playing with, stern order gives a full five advantage on mouflons.
It was weird, but helpful even 11 UA is enough to block the first hit at full advantage, so... yeah, great for taming, rather than side step or skuld.

Enjoy, also, with some skill, you can tame aurochs and mouflon with 11 UA. Boar too, if you find them with a very wide shore, like those at a lake. But bring armor....
Pretty sure that's common knowledge but I didn't see where anyone posted that mouflons are vulnerable to charisma moves.
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby ramones » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this before, first post too long to go through 100 tips.

At beginning of the world or anytime in later stage, if you are just starting and don't want to enter the cruel world and afk character for sliders, you can simply leave character in waiting room and move sliders until he is full peacefull and ready to go. Don't forget to dig sand and take clothes for discovery aswell.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby mvgulik » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:21 pm

ramones wrote:Not sure if anyone posted this before, ...

Not as complete, or in a single topic as such. (Sand:#34, Cloth:#38 Sliders:#?)

One thing. Is the risk of the character getting auto-disconnected, while its waiting all those hours in the creation room, not a general issue here ?
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm

look into the chest while waiting for PB - but i'll guess you'd be disconnected inbetween anyways
borka

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I haven't found any mention of this: you can use the "harvest" shortcut/button to harvest dreams from catchers instead of right-clicking every single one of them.

This means that the ideal setup of dream catchers isn't a single line as villages use to do, but rather a zigzag, a circle, or two parallel lines where you can use the shortcut only once and harvest all of them without hitboxing.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 am

venatorvenator wrote:I haven't found any mention of this: you can use the "harvest" shortcut/button to harvest dreams from catchers instead of right-clicking every single one of them.

Good catch. I didn't see it on the wiki page for the Dream Catcher, so I added it in.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mernil » Wed May 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Tip #12 doesn't work anymore it was fixed in w7.

Woot wrote:h some skill, you can tame aurochs and mouflon with 11 UA. Boar too, if you find them with a very wide shore, like those at a lake. But bring armor....

Didn't know about the charisma trick for taming, great!

Then you can tame whatever you want with 1 UA using twitches, why specifically 11 ?
Also you don't need a lake, just shallow water, or even just a boat and quickness.
Mernil

Postby VelocityRaptor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:05 pm

I think this thread lied to me. I put tanning tub into rowboat and back on the ground and it has been at 92% for 12 hours now.
VelocityRaptor

Postby Kaios » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:40 pm

VelocityRaptor wrote:I think this thread lied to me. I put tanning tub into rowboat and back on the ground and it has been at 92% for 12 hours now.

You have keep the area loaded (meaning a character has to be around the tubs) until they complete. If you leave and the area unloads, the tubs remain at (or revert to) 92%
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:19 am

hang out in the area for 20-30 minutes, and it'll be enough for the leather to finish before the map tile unloads. (Takes about 40 minutes to finish the last 8% depending on server load, etc.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?