Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 115 Tips!)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm

screwbag wrote:I dunno if it's really a pro tip...but I was stoked when I found out that bone ash could be used for crafting necro robes...I was wasting good food trying to make good ash....lol

You can burn sprouted wheat to get ash.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Kurundo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:12 am

synntax33 wrote:When I first started playing, I made tons of containers to hold my extra building material, but then I read on the forum somewhere that signposts dont decay and make good storage for materials. :o

On that topic I wish unclaimed signposts would decay, or that hunters/tamers would clean up after their done. I hate all those clusters of signposts I see while boating around.
Kurundo

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 am

Almost forgot this one:

If you want to fill a tanning tub with water from a barrel (or fill a cauldron for that matter), instead of using a bucket you can simply lift the barrel, then right click the tub/cauldron while the barrel is over your head. :idea:

But remember: Tubs only need 60L water to tan, but hold 100L
dagrimreefah

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 am

Kurundo wrote:
synntax33 wrote:When I first started playing, I made tons of containers to hold my extra building material, but then I read on the forum somewhere that signposts dont decay and make good storage for materials. :o

On that topic I wish unclaimed signposts would decay, or that hunters/tamers would clean up after their done. I hate all those clusters of signposts I see while boating around.

Many of the hunters reuse those traps, so I do my part to grief the world by removing them when I find them :P

dagrimreefah wrote:But remember: Tubs only need 60L water to tan, but hold 100L

Well, if you make it a habit to fill it up and then keep it full, you only put as much water in as the last tanning job used.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BruThoL » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:07 am

This topic is coming like every 3-4 months.
That would be cool to order every tips in categories (hunting / fighting / farming / ...) and make a sticky post out of this :)

For my contribution, you can have pets.

Fight a boar, and hit it strong enough to make it flee (not killing it, derp).
After a few seconds (when it will be out of sight actually), It will come back to you and follow you without attacking (see top right icon, it's still "fleeing" fight).
Also, it won't use pathfinding to reach you if it can destroy things between both of you. So you can use it to destroy stuff in a claim without leaving scents (and usually faster than you would yourself).
BruThoL

Postby ninja_yodeler » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

BruThoL wrote:This topic is coming like every 3-4 months.
That would be cool to order every tips in categories (hunting / fighting / farming / ...) and make a sticky post out of this :)

For my contribution, you can have pets.

Fight a boar, and hit it strong enough to make it flee (not killing it, derp).
After a few seconds (when it will be out of sight actually), It will come back to you and follow you without attacking (see top right icon, it's still "fleeing" fight).
Also, it won't use pathfinding to reach you if it can destroy things between both of you. So you can use it to destroy stuff in a claim without leaving scents (and usually faster than you would yourself).

Works even quicker if there are deer nearby to heal it, it will run to you automatically (or if the animal is a deer)

though in my experience of this you have to give a half assed chase, whenever I just wait for them to come back without chasing they get away :|
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby screwbag » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Onionfighter wrote:
screwbag wrote:I dunno if it's really a pro tip...but I was stoked when I found out that bone ash could be used for crafting necro robes...I was wasting good food trying to make good ash....lol

You can burn sprouted wheat to get ash.

*face palm * ....now why didn't I think of that...

See? This thread is handy...lol
screwbag

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Updated the OP
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kurundo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 pm

You do know #8 isn't really a tip? It's just what happens when you hearth back to your house carrying a boat and the game crashes, when this happens the game decided to put your right there in the blackness with all your loot, forever to be just out of reach.
Just Saiyan.
Kurundo

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Kurundo wrote:You do know #8 isn't really a tip? It's just what happens when you hearth back to your house carrying a boat and the game crashes, when this happens the game decided to put your right there in the blackness with all your loot, forever to be just out of reach.
Just Saiyan.

Troll-tip shhh ;)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?