Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread, Must Read (Up to 115 Tips!)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tip Thread

Postby burgingham » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Not true. The way warpie describes it it is indeed a tip. I always stored my boats in the black space.
burgingham

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Remembered this one while out boating, when on a boat and you see another boat along the store, it is possible to use the lift command and carry the other boat over your head while inside a boat. This is great if you're boating and not CRing to a location, like a wagon on water ;)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:39 pm

jordancoles wrote:Remembered this one while out boating, when on a boat and you see another boat along the store, it is possible to use the lift command and carry the other boat over your head while inside a boat. This is great if you're boating and not CRing to a location, like a wagon on water ;)

Don't forget to mention that you move at "boat" speed (run) while doing this.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

WarpedWiseMan wrote:Space saver fun fact #1: You can store full boats in the blackness surrounding the indoor part of your home.

... Now just hope Dev's don't fix that one. Think they already tried to fixed it ... to some degree. ... (guess I need to check something.)

jordancoles wrote:Tip #8:
WarpedWiseMan wrote:You can drop a boat full of stuff in the blackness that encircles the interior of a house. Or an empty one. I used to port home and dump my boat into the black area so it wouldn't block up the place and so I didn't have to carry it anywhere.

Only do this for the lulz as you probably won't get your boat back

Its pretty save. I use it all the time. But ... Yea, Your might suddenly not be able to get to your boat anymore. :)

Nice indexing of tips on first page.
mvgulik

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Thank you :]

If more people care to post we could see about this possibly getting stickied :D
I have seen this topic posted a few times every once and a while so it'd be nice to have one go-to thread for noobies
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby fallout » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm

WarpedWiseMan wrote:Space saver fun fact #1: You can store full boats in the blackness surrounding the indoor part of your home.

Just to show you guys what he meant.
fallout

Postby Kurundo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Well since Jordan already shared my favorite tip using leeches I guess I'll just talk about leech quality.

Leeches do have quality, and it can change. When you have a leech equipped it will drain your blood 3 times before bloating, each time it drains your blood it's quality will change one point towards what ever your constitution score is.

As leeches increase in quality they do more SHP damage and heal more HHP, good leeches can be used in conjunction with the Theft skill to replace your knocked out enemies with leeches that will do (in my case) 20 damage each time they drain blood (say you put 4 of these leeches on them, this will do 4x20x3 or 240 damage), which can quickly dispatch your foe while leaving less severe criminal scents about.

But seeing how I'm for the most part a friendly miner and helper of noobs that I encounter, I rarely use the above mentioned application of leeches and generally sit in my home using them to build up hunger while I afk.
Kurundo

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 am

How about a link to this thread from the wiki or someone just edit the link into one of the newbie help posts?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby lordu » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 am

Cattle can be lead around by equipping a Rope, right-clicking on the animal, and selecting 'Leash'. if you unequipping a Rope while is 'Leash' the animal will fallow you and you can put anything in your hands like sword and traveller's sack, very helpful when leading 2 cattle
lordu

Postby Amenbeach » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:38 pm

If you are mining and the block drops a stone at your feet, there is no more ore in that place. So, stop mining. Mine in a zig zag pattern to minimise cave ins. Carry a frog to slow down trolls that may appear. Wear a miners hat if you can, though you won't be able to wear a STR+ bear cape at the same time. You can't mine within 50 spaces of an entrance. If nothing is happening when you click on a wall (lag notwithstanding) this is why. Take tea or water with your while mining. You can go at jog speed in a cave as it uses less stamina than running in forests. Press Ctrl+N (on Ender's Client) to see clearly in mines and caves.
"I kissed a bear and I liked it;
the taste of her hearthling blood lipstick."
Amenbeach

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?