PvP Combat Guide [Old Haven]

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Comprehensive PvP Combat Guide

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 am

Ninijutsu wrote:Hmm, I wonder why my guide was excluded from a re-sticky over the others :\

It's in Jackard's Guides and Walkthroughs post.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ninijutsu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:01 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Ninijutsu wrote:Hmm, I wonder why my guide was excluded from a re-sticky over the others :\

Yes but Jcoles' and Sevenless' guides were there as well and Jacky decided to sticky them again.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Ninijutsu wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Yes but Jcoles' and Sevenless' guides were there as well and Jacky decided to sticky them again.

Those are universal, but not everyone cares about PvP.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby RJT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:18 am

Old post, but I just read it, from what I skimmed over, it was probably excluded because it's bad.
[8:21:56 PM] Ravian: We didn't run
[8:22:04 PM] Ravian: We left in the other direction
http://strawpoll.me/6822558
Stand against tyranny, Brothers and sisters. Rise!
RJT

Postby Ninijutsu » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 am

I haven't been giving Opportunity Knocks enough credit. Even in static combat, even against an even opponent, it has applications. Example: If your opponent is at 50%~ defense bar, a punch wouldn't hit him for HP damage. If you were to punch and then quickly get more attack bar to punch again, the cooldown of punch often opens up a significant opportunity for your opponent to be able to defend the follow-up easily, or prepare a counter-attack. If you opp knock before the punch, however, you are not missing out on time andl you are nearly guaranteeing the attack shall hit HP. This mini-"combo" of opp knocks + attacking move can also be modified slightly by tempering the knock with meditation in order to convert some of the combat advantage into more direct damage.

And RJT, you are just jealous of my immense sexual charisma :)
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Re: Comprehensive PvP Combat Guide (rewritten 4/22/14)

Postby Ninijutsu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 am

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATED 4/22/14: THOROUGHLY EDITED TO BE MORE COMPLETE, MORE CORRECT, AND MORE READABLE.

________________________________________________________________________________

RJT is right, it totally sucked before.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 am

Wrong, attacking doesn't lower intensity unless it damages the opponent's HP. Also, since the enemy can valorous strike you to remove all your advantage, I don't think using moves to get advantage that use IP is a good idea, unless you have 3x the charisma of your opponent, in which case a pair of well placed stern orders give you 4 advantage with which you can hit your enemy pretty hard.
NOOBY93

Postby Ninijutsu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:08 am

NOOBY93 wrote:Wrong, attacking doesn't lower intensity unless it damages the opponent's HP. Also, since the enemy can valorous strike you to remove all your advantage, I don't think using moves to get advantage that use IP is a good idea, unless you have 3x the charisma of your opponent, in which case a pair of well placed stern orders give you 4 advantage with which you can hit your enemy pretty hard.

Just... no.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Ninijutsu wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Wrong, attacking doesn't lower intensity unless it damages the opponent's HP. Also, since the enemy can valorous strike you to remove all your advantage, I don't think using moves to get advantage that use IP is a good idea, unless you have 3x the charisma of your opponent, in which case a pair of well placed stern orders give you 4 advantage with which you can hit your enemy pretty hard.

Just... no.

Aren't you the guy I rekt in a spar like 6 times consecutively? :P
After using a punch.
But w/e, if you want to make a "how not to know combat mechanics" guide, so be it, I don't care.
Edit: The bonus "I'm still right" pics:
Doesn't reduce when no dmg, reduces when dmg.
NOOBY93

Postby Ninijutsu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:39 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Ninijutsu wrote:

Just... no.

Aren't you the guy I rekt in a spar like 6 times consecutively? :P

After I hadn't fought anything in a year, ya.

And I already conceded to your point. I forgot.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?