Need help / explanation about a theft

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Need help / explanation about a theft

Postby Ashanorath » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Apparently, stuff in my pclam and village claim which are inside pali and a bwall which aren't damaged have been stolen(got scents).
So, I'm wondering how is it possible for some1 to get inside through a bwall and a pali without damaging them and steal stuff? any ideas?
Also, got no hs's inside that a new char could be made on or anything like that.
My only explanation atm is that someone was logged off there before everything was built, since a fresh alt would have no way of gaining access to theft anyway.
All in all, I'm puzzled how it happened.
Also, considering I'm missing at least 4 LC's and according to scents, it's more than 1 perpetrator, which is even more confusing.
This reminds me of the wall jumping thing from the old worlds...
Any insight would be gladly appreciated.

Edit:

Nvm, apparenly our outside crossroads was vandalised and whoever went to fix it forgot to close the bwall gates...

Well, if any1 is willing to track the perpetrators, PM me pls, we could make some sort of a deal.
Last edited by Ashanorath on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashanorath

Re: Need help / explanation about a theft

Postby Ninijutsu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Perhaps the perps rammed your walls, looted you, and rebuilt the walls, and you can't see the vandalism scents. Just a possibility.

More likely is that it was done completely from the inside. However, if you have a claim over every inch and you're the only person on the claim, then it may have been a walljump.

Is ANYONE else oathed to your idol? And are you SURE?
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Ashanorath » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:36 pm

No1 else is oathed to my idol, only ppl in village are ppl I personaly know, prolly just can't see vandalism scents on pali for some reason, even though I can see the theft ones everywhere.

Just my stupid RL friend not closing the doors... oh well, not all is lost, just ~2k points worth of trade stuff
Ashanorath

Postby Ninijutsu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Ashanorath wrote:No1 else is oathed to my idol, only ppl in village are ppl I personaly know, prolly just can't see vandalism scents on pali for some reason, even though I can see the theft ones everywhere.

Just my stupid RL friend not closing the doors... oh well, not all is lost, just ~2k points worth of trade stuff

You can only be sure about who's oathed if you personally built your idol and have been lawspeaker the entire time + your chieftain is not lying to you about people he oathed.

Maybe the perps could also have crossroad signs. I suggest you interrogate your villagers a bit and get to the bottom of this, because it's almost certainly an inside job if there are multiple people living with you.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Ashanorath » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 am

I founded the place, only ppl added to village are ppl I added myself and personally know, so it's not an inside job, also, village members wouldn't leave scents on village claim.
Since the bwall doors were open (thanx to my idiot friend) somebody just bashed the pally and that's it.
Still, strange that I can't find vandalism scents since the theft ones are literally all over the place.

Also, old CS is already, not gonna leave it since they surely got the sign.

I knew ramming was not an option since I personally check the walls every day from outside, just didn't know our CS was rebuilt and that the bwall doors were accidentally left open for few hours, so I was completely puzzled. Turns out it's just a noobish mistake.
Ashanorath

Postby Ninijutsu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:00 am

If such is the case then I guess the palibasher had high stealth and he had his friend loot for him.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Ashanorath » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:17 am

Yeah, guess it might be something like that, or maybe I'm blind and didn't notice the vandalism scents.
Well, no point breaking my mind over it atm, should prolly go track some of the thieves, or hire someone to do it for me.
Ashanorath

Return to How do I?