Feeding baby cattles and their qualities

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Feeding baby cattles and their qualities

Postby keiku » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:56 am

I read multiple times in the forums that the "food eaten" by calves softcap their stats. Is this really the case? I ask because I haven't really been able to observe it; the food eaten by my baby pigs and calves have been like half their stats for a while, but their stats seem to hang around that of their parents... (their food is low because the parents are hurt)

EDIT:
this one just grew up last night. (it's not the "Bessie" above)
keiku

Re: Feeding baby cattles and their qualities

Postby LadyV » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:23 am

Alright calves should be fairly close in stats if from the same bull. note the one you showed first and then the second. You have a noticeable drop in breeding quality, milk quality, and hide quality. Stats can and will decline. Now bear in mind the original a breeding animals can create animals with the potential to be better than themselves. If in growth stage they do not eat as well as they should you will have declines. Always try to have fodder quality better than their stats.
LadyV

Re: Feeding baby cattles and their qualities

Postby keiku » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:16 am

LadyV wrote:Alright calves should be fairly close in stats if from the same bull. note the one you showed first and then the second. You have a noticeable drop in breeding quality, milk quality, and hide quality. Stats can and will decline. Now bear in mind the original a breeding animals can create animals with the potential to be better than themselves. If in growth stage they do not eat as well as they should you will have declines. Always try to have fodder quality better than their stats.

Thank you for clearing that up :) I guess I'll have to isolate the lowQ cow then.
keiku

Return to How do I?