Mining question - metal occurrences?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Mining question - metal occurrences?

Postby paydro » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello all! Before I ask the question, I will clarify that I searched in the forums, read on Sevenless' guide - Metal section, and in the wiki, for this answer and was unsuccessful.

Is the metal occurrence only dictated by one type per underground level? My guess is that it is not, but I have been only getting one type of metal thus far (tin) on both first level (cave) and second (mine shaft inside cave). Also, the personal belief "industry" at maximum gives a "20% chance of getting any metal from mined (common) ore" (quoted from the wiki); I'm assuming any metal refers to soft metals (copper, tin).

Thanks!
Ayyy lmao
paydro

Re: Mining question - metal occurrences?

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Metals are in veins, you can find any vein of any metal on the higher levels, the only gated ones are silver and gold as you get further down. Tin is a common vein and the one you'll find the most often but you will only ever receive that one type of metal from ore mined from that particular vein.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Re: Mining question - metal occurrences?

Postby paydro » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Flameturtle wrote:Metals are in veins, you can find any vein of any metal on the higher levels, the only gated ones are silver and gold as you get further down. Tin is a common vein and the one you'll find the most often but you will only ever receive that one type of metal from ore mined from that particular vein.

Thanks! I read that veins are quite big.. so I then need to do further digging to see if I find different ones; also some rustroot extract would help. :)
Ayyy lmao
paydro

Return to How do I?