Ending up in water and the 'Swimming' skill

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Ending up in water and the 'Swimming' skill

Postby VDZ » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:58 am

Due to the risks involved I've never experimented with swimming, ever, so I've been wondering these things for a long time now.

1) What happens if you would end up in the water involuntarily, for example because your boat is destroyed?

2) Does having the Swimming skill affect this situation? If not, is there any disadvantage to just buying the swimming skill as long as you keep it toggled off?
VDZ

Re: Ending up in water and the 'Swimming' skill

Postby borka » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:15 am

1. without swimming skill enabled you drown

2.yes - see above, no disadvantage - to be safer get Ferrymans rings http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Silver_for_the_Ferryman

3 there's a simple questions thread - please use it :)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Re: Ending up in water and the 'Swimming' skill

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:32 pm

borka wrote:1. without swimming skill enabled you drown

2.yes - see above, no disadvantage - to be safer get Ferrymans rings http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Silver_for_the_Ferryman

3 there's a simple questions thread - please use it :)

If you have swimming off, and your boat gets destroyed then you can still swim to shore.
If you have CA off when you enter the water however, you can't tresspass and you can't turn CA on while in the water

If you log in to your boat being moved, then you log in standing on the water where you were, and you can't move from the tile without swimming turned on.
Dave

Return to How do I?