Enders and prospecting

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Enders and prospecting

Postby dariun » Sat May 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I've read the wiki and have been doing a fair amount of prospecting and mining and had a question about enders client.

It gives the radar pie slice and also the text direction etc and I was wondering if it is possible to tell the distance as well as direction? Or is it just a case of keep digging in the direction and hope you prospect over the right place?
dariun

Re: Enders and prospecting

Postby Metruption » Sat May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

You can tell the distance by moving perpendicuar to the directing and then measuring again. You will essentially have one side of a triangle and two of its angles. You just need a little basic trigonometry.
Metruption

Re: Enders and prospecting

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 28, 2015 8:33 am

The problem with the math is:

1) The pie wedges are an area of probability, not an exact angle. The exact angle could be anywhere in that pie slice. It does give you some idea of ranges, but don't take it as accurate.

2) When prospecting out a node, the rustroot could be pointing to multiple locations in a node and not at the same tile all the time, and if you're between two close nodes, you could really get some bad readings. I will note if it's the first and getting some wild readings, you're either really close or on top of it a good part of the time.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?