How do i Boat?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do i Boat?

Postby Alexios » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Im veeeeeeeery new so please dont hate me for asking this possibly stupid question...
how do i get a boat into the water?
i built it on the shore but i dont know how to drag it/pick it up (im using enders client)
Alexios

Re: How do i Boat?

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Click on the Adventure icon and you will find the 'lift' icon. Once selected use the lift action on the boat and carry it to the water, you can then place the boat onto the river. Right clicking the boat will give you the options to 'Avast' ... get in and boat away, or 'open' to reveal two cargo spaces.

To get out of the boat, head to shore and press Ctrl+left-click on the spot you wish to disembark.

Link to the wiki and ask simple questions. :)

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Rowboat
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22391#p272524
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Alexios » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

thx.
now i can go in a less populatet area to build my base.... once i figure out how to do that :P
Alexios

Postby DarkCristi2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Alexios wrote:thx.
now i can go in a less populatet area to build my base.... once i figure out how to do that :P

My advice is to keep away from rivers,many people travel on them,including raiders.Alternatively look for some active places around (the active ones are those with paved farms,mostly).Good luck out there :)
Allan please add detail
DarkCristi2

Postby shubla » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm

You can also try find some abandoned place without claim and take it for yourself. Some of them might have even palisade that you can repair.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jetfuel » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 am

I would patrol the rivers looking for people too new for yeomanry and take their stuff. After stealing enough curiosities you should be set
jetfuel

Postby meus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:48 am

It is not really that dangerous to travel by boating these days. Not a lot of people are actively playing. About two days ago I crossed (almost) the entire map with a character just for fun. I saw two other characters, both were AFK :)

Also, the world is in a very advanced stage. There are lots of abandoned villages or just places with houses/ crops /etc., even metal. So your best bet would be to find a house that has already been built for you and has a small plot with crops around. Spend a couple of hours boating and you will certainly find some. It will take you less time to just roam and search than to start building it on your own.

Good luck.
meus

Return to How do I?