How do I increase my carrying capacity?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I increase my carrying capacity?

Postby fadeway » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:35 am

I started playing today and there's so many baskets, cupboards, wagons, and other miscellaneous containers that I'm confused as to the differences in their purpose.

I'm wondering what I can do to increase my carrying capacity when doing specific tasks. Purely by accident I came across the article on traveler's sack, and a friend gave me a backpack. What does a seasoned player do when, say, woodcutting, or mining, or foraging, in the early and late game? There's the option of pulling a cart, or lifting a basket, and also those traveler's sacks; what should I use exactly? There's just so many options.. Currently I'm just running around with my tiny 20-slot inventory and going back to storage every five minutes.
fadeway

Re: How do I increase my carrying capacity?

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:15 am

Depends on what you're doing. Because carts require pavement to be of any real use I'd advise against using them. For the most part it's generally best to carve up a couple of logs and stick them into your inventory with a backpack and maybe a traveler's sack equipped, then lift a log and bring it home. Otherwise carrying a boat, stuffing logs into the boat, and returning to your hearthfire with a boat is a great way to transport stuff, especially when traveling mostly along or between waterways. For hunting a lot of people stick their meat grinder in their boat and then go boating to find game. =)

Otherwise people generally just have traveler's sacks and a backpack and use the maximum inventory space to their advantage.
TeckXKnight

Re: How do I increase my carrying capacity?

Postby fadeway » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks. Those boat tricks..
fadeway

Return to How do I?