How do I delete a name?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do I delete a name?

Postby windmaker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:50 pm

idk if is a correct place but loftar add some kind of thing for store your kin list in a stone/paper to recovery it later.
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Losing your kinlist is also, of course, completely intentional. If you don't want to lose it, don't die. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby windmaker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 pm

loftar wrote:Losing your kinlist is also, of course, completely intentional. If you don't want to lose it, don't die. :)

its more about the horrible process to add the hs 1 by 1 more than lost names..
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:43 am

I had a really crafty idea, but then I realized that the point of that kin list is so you can message someone if they're logged on. Describing the characters to a "kin alt" would be pointless in that regard. However, it would allow you to keep track of the random people you've memorized.

Yeah, I just said that. uses for yet another alt....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:24 am

MagicManICT wrote:I had a really crafty idea, but then I realized that the point of that kin list is so you can message someone if they're logged on. Describing the characters to a "kin alt" would be pointless in that regard. However, it would allow you to keep track of the random people you've memorized.

Yeah, I just said that. uses for yet another alt....

If the describe feature wasn't so finnicky it would have been done a lot before.

Can you describe someone to an alt and then use that alt to describe again? I feel that was removed.
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:22 am

As far as I know, as long as a character is on your kin list, you can describe it to another player. I've never really gotten into situations where you pass along 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) hand knowledge of characters to others. My villages have always been very small groups and more a hermitage for the family and close friends.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to How do I?