How do I delete a name?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do I delete a name?

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:42 pm

raybon256 wrote:May I suggest that in future versions delete characters you don't or can't use?

I imagine the issue is with inheritance, as the game is trying to maintain a file for your lineage. That said, a feature for deleting characters or dead characters isn't a bad one and we'd all appreciate that.
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:11 am

raybon256 wrote:May I suggest that in future versions delete characters you don't or can't use?

You may suggest it, but it's very unlikely to happen. I did it that way to force you to keep in mind your character is dead and encourage you to be creative when creating his descendant. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 am

loftar wrote:

You may suggest it, but it's very unlikely to happen. I did it that way to force you to keep in mind your character is dead and encourage you to be creative when creating his descendant. :)

Can we at least hide inheritance stones and characters on the select screen to reduce clutter?
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 am

Hmm, not sure. Perhaps at the peril of having those dead characters come by and haunt your living ones. ^^
loftar

Postby Arcanist » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:11 am

:/
Arcanist

Postby windmaker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:17 am

:o that title client ... sound gr8 m8 8/8 never h8.
#1 bot client.
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 am

loftar wrote:

Problem being the majority of us tend to think of our dead chars as reincarnated rather than a descendant, you become attached to your mains in particular and it's hard to accept they are dead ..... :)

loftar wrote:Hmm, not sure. Perhaps at the peril of having those dead characters come by and haunt your living ones. ^^

Noooooooo ....... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:59 am

loftar wrote:Hmm, not sure. Perhaps at the peril of having those dead characters come by and haunt your living ones. ^^

I'm okay with this, as long as we avoid the current problem of having so many inheritance runestones in the character creation room that they begin to go into the unreachable blackness. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Problem being the majority of us tend to think of our dead chars as reincarnated rather than a descendant, you become attached to your mains in particular and it's hard to accept they are dead ..... :)

And it is precisely in order to stem such thinking that this "feature" exists. ^^
loftar

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:25 pm

loftar wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Problem being the majority of us tend to think of our dead chars as reincarnated rather than a descendant, you become attached to your mains in particular and it's hard to accept they are dead ..... :)

And it is precisely in order to stem such thinking that this "feature" exists. ^^

Yes, I do understand that, but it doesn't though ..... hence beginning my sentence with 'Problem being' ....... :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?