Question about things like crafting, and gathering...

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Question about things like crafting, and gathering...

Postby KommanderSenpai » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 am

I heard on the ProJared video, it takes a long time, sometimes hours, or a whole day. Do you still do these things when you're not playing?
KommanderSenpai

Re: Question about things like crafting, and gathering...

Postby cpt1silencer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:34 am

I don't really understand what your asking, some stuff takes along time, some stuff dosnt. building a house uses hundreds of materials so that's a chunk of time. crafting usually only takes a minute if you have the materials ready.
This game really needs a great sword...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
cpt1silencer

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:37 am

Making steel, cheese and to a lesser extent silk take a somewhat long time but these are all thing that either lead to top of the line gear or top of the line stats, endgame shit in other words. Everything else is fairly fast.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby slipper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:39 am

In the current game world, yes, some things will take a lot of time. In the new version that's coming out Friday so far we know that a house is costing much less materials and there is some automation and time-saving features.
slipper

Postby Nikixos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:48 am

KommanderSenpai wrote:I heard on the ProJared video, it takes a long time, sometimes hours, or a whole day. Do you still do these things when you're not playing?

I can't forage offline =S
Nikixos

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:28 am

KommanderSenpai wrote:I heard on the ProJared video, it takes a long time, sometimes hours, or a whole day. Do you still do these things when you're not playing?

There are certain long-term actions that generally are done while you're offline: Smelting steel, aging cheese, mating moths, growing crops, and dealing with cattle. There isn't anything you can do to speed these things up but for the most part the challenge with them is just waiting. After the initial input, such as finding a mating pair of moths or planting crops, there's no other input necessary until you're ready to gather from them.

Most actions require player input in short, regular intervals to continue such as mining, chopping trees, digging clay, smelting ore, or crafting items. For the most part there is very little that you can do while offline.
TeckXKnight

Return to How do I?