Change the resolution? (fullscreen wont work)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Change the resolution? (fullscreen wont work)

Postby VI_fizz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 am

Ok, so I found out about this game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fIyvNvpXU

But, the basic resolution is just tiny, and since fullscreen only results in a blackscreen where I can't see or do anything, I was wondering how (if possible) I can increase the size of the window. I know it's a simple thing, but I can't find the option to change it.
VI_fizz

Re: Change the resolution? (fullscreen wont work)

Postby ydex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:23 am

are you using vanilla client or are u uing some custom client?

(I like this one http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33805, Apoc Lite)
bold
ydex

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:31 am

Get Enders. I don't think full screen "ever" worked in the vanilla client.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:09 pm

What painhertz said. The default client for the game hasn't really been redesigned by the devs since the game launched in 2009, and is just lacking in too many features to even be useful to play with, although several people have made some pretty good stories about using the default client and how they (relatively) quickly failed compared to using the modded clients that have been made.

Fullscreen exclusive mode does work, but it takes just the right settings and computer that you're probably more likely to find a needle in a haystack than find the computer it actually works right on.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?