Owning land

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Owning land

Postby Blaze » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:29 pm

6 HHP supposedly, our village leader was reduced to near death from accidental trespass. She'll be fine since she ate some of Loftar's magic bread Image.

On a side note: Why not make a long corridor with claims every now and then? An uber player won't be so tough after he/she goes from 120HHP to 6. Oh, on that note, you can't trespass if you don't have enough health, so if they go too far in, they won't be able to go further or leave.
Last edited by Blaze on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby shockedfrog » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:32 pm

That lembas is lovely stuff. :) I wish I'd saved some instead of using it for a few easy thefts.
shockedfrog

Postby Sean_Mirrsen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 pm

There's nothing about this specifically, so I'll ask. Is it possible for anyone to build anything on claimed land? Meaning, if someone trespasses or tries building into an adjacent claim. This should be impossible, because it's the only way to prevent someone from sealing you inside whatever zone you enclose yourself in. For example, in the absense of a lock I'd like to keep all my valuables behind a 1-width passage in a solid wall of objects, which is blocked by a hearth fire. But then, for anyone who trespasses into my land it would only be a matter of building 1 more object to completely isolate me from the world.

edit: just checked, and it is possible to build into an adjacent claim. So, fix please.
Sean_Mirrsen

Postby Generalchips » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 pm

I have been running into a small prob with land. After the recent Rollback, my land that I had just claimed went back to my old spot, but I cant see the pole anymore. So now I cant declaim my old spot, move to my old one, and protect my growing claim that has been flourishing for the past week. Its some sorta "ghost" claim, the poles gone, but when i try to put a new one down, it says I already own land. Please help!
Generalchips

Postby Nero » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:48 pm

I tress pass all the fucking time is it really a big deal? I thought trespassing was totally OK in general, as long as you aren't taking their shit while I'm at it. I really hate walking all the way around some punk's bigassed fort and navigating through a maze of abandoned wicker baskets, runestones, and unfinished dreamcatchers when I can just cut across their wheat field. It's not like I take anything. Can I really be damaged for it? Can I be summoned with the scent?
WHAT A WONDERFUL ARTIST THE WORLD IS LOSING!
Nero

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Nope.
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Hamster2k » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm

I got another problem with claiming land: Me and my girlfriend where moving to a more quiet place, we packed everything we had in two cupboards and the cupboards in a boat we carried.
Afer a while of walking we got hungry. Eventually we found an apple tree and i put down the boat to eat some apples. Then I tried to pick it up again but I had to see that it was on the corner of a claimed land and it wouldn't let me take it. Well, basically it just was my stupidity and someone else now has a new boat, but at that point we had just started playing this game so it was quite frustrating.
Hamster2k

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:27 am

Most people are pretty willing to help out. Why not see if you can contact them and ask them to move your boat for you?
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Hamster2k » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 am

Yeah I thought about that too but I'm german and so the other players are almost never online when I'm online. (Basically thats a good thing because the server is running smoothly with less players on it)

Yeah, timezones kinda suck.
Hamster2k

Postby Emina » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Allright im frustrated now, ive had all kinds of trubble when i started playing this game a few nights ago, first night i was so close to dying from starvation i was ready to quit this game, but in the last min before i died from running around all over Brogdar i found a mullberry tree, and was saved.

So i started gaining LP, gathering skills and some materials i finally got 4000 LP and baught the claiming skill. i packed my stuff and went searching for a a place i could call home. Just to find out Brogdar is over crowded and closed in by water everywhere. Even tho there is so much water surounding Brogdar i could not find one spot by the water that was not allready taken. So i realized i must get across the water. There was no trees on the ground that was not on claimed land exept for a very few fruit trees and well you simpley dont shop them couse they are the only thing that keeps you alive basically. wich meant i could not make a boat. So my choice was to get some more LP and get the swimming skill. i once again packed my stuff and with my new swimming skill i tryed to swim across a narrow stream, and you can guess what happend yes i drowned :( .

So i got my body back, had lost all my stuff but, reelerned all the skills i had before including the claiming skill, and this time accidentley choose the wrong place too start, ended up some place else then Brogdar a lot higher level but to my joy it was not over crowded and had trees all over the place but no food. So i started over, first nice thingy happend :D some nice fellow gave me a boat and asked if i wanted to settle down somewhere near him so i did. it was hard work especially since it is so hard to get food but i worked hard to finally set up a house at the spot i wanted to claim this was yesterday night very late when i finally got it up, and all i had to do now was claim it, to my despair i couldnt find my claiming skill it was just gone, aswell as my unarmed skill wich i know i had them both on wednesday the 18th. so atleast 4200 LP is just gone :( and i couldnt claim my house either, desperate i tryed to grind for the LP but i had to go to work in the morning so i just had to leave it there unclaimed :s

My question is: How could this happen? is there a time limit on the skills so it can be lost??
<[Bottleneck]>

"Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your gonna get :D"
Emina

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?