New-ish player looking for a home.

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

New-ish player looking for a home.

Postby craddle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I am a new-ish player of this game, I know the basics, but my person drowned when I tried to swim across a river.

I want to join a relativly new town, and I wish to be a miner, but I can work hard at anything, given someone to talk to.

Also, is there any way I can spawn near someone? I'd like to be able to spawn near the town I'm joining,
craddle

Re: New-ish player looking for a home.

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Most villages require their villagers to go full industry on their personal belief sliders.

You can spawn practically on top of someone you know if you have their Hearth Secret. When you make a character you talk to the man at the top of the entrance area and enter the secret there, a staircase will appear.

Don't forget to inherit your old guy!
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby craddle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Jackwolf wrote:Most villages require their villagers to go full industry on their personal belief sliders.

You can spawn practically on top of someone you know if you have their Hearth Secret. When you make a character you talk to the man at the top of the entrance area and enter the secret there, a staircase will appear.

Don't forget to inherit your old guy!

Ah! Thanks.
craddle

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 pm

And.. Don't get swimming. ;) The minimum Con to try to cross a river is about 40ish
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby craddle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Jackwolf wrote:And.. Don't get swimming. ;) The minimum Con to try to cross a river is about 40ish

Huh, I guess I should try a boat next time?

It's just that 1000LP seems like a lot :/
Swimming was 500LP, which struck me as a bit expensive.
craddle

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Once you really really get the hang of things, 1500 LP for boat building is tiny. But the 500 LP for swimming can get you killed, easily as you have bared witness to.
Jackwolf

Postby craddle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Jackwolf wrote:Once you really really get the hang of things, 1500 LP for boat building is tiny. But the 500 LP for swimming can get you killed, easily as you have bared witness to.

Huh.

Well, as my original post stands, does anyone want a miner?
craddle

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Talk to me a bit in pms and I'll see if I can accept you. The forums have been a Terrible recruitment spot as of w4 so I'd like to screen before accepting anyone new.
TeckXKnight

Return to Dwarves & Thieves