(USA) Narshe Recruiting (Open)

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: (USA) Narshe Recruiting

Postby gadien » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:10 am

OP updated with current needs and rules.

- Village rep Gadien
All comments are strictly my own personal view and should not reflect the views or opinions of Narshe as a whole

Looking for a village? Join Narshe TODAY!
gadien

Postby Thijssnl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 pm

LysanderD wrote:ACTIVE players (an hour a day or more preferably) ~~~ who can help us to expand and become a solid presence in our region ~~~ at least one farmer who takes the role seriously

Sorry to break the news, but although the plans sound fine, it will never succeed with max 10 players. Same thing as large in area not in numbers, how the hell are you going to cover any ground without any people? Let everyone have 40 stone mansions? Solid presence without being assertive at least or agressive, good luck on that as well.

And even for 10, go for 3 farmers.

Best of luck although I think this is doomed to fail due to lack of manpower and overdemanding leaders.

'
gadien wrote:OP updated with current needs and rules.

- Village rep Gadien

'

Didnt see that yet or the new OP when posted above ^.
Thijssnl

Postby gadien » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Thijssnl wrote:
LysanderD wrote:ACTIVE players (an hour a day or more preferably) ~~~ who can help us to expand and become a solid presence in our region ~~~ at least one farmer who takes the role seriously

Sorry to break the news, but although the plans sound fine, it will never succeed with max 10 players. Same thing as large in area not in numbers, how the hell are you going to cover any ground without any people? Let everyone have 40 stone mansions? Solid presence without being assertive at least or agressive, good luck on that as well.

And even for 10, go for 3 farmers.

Best of luck although I think this is doomed to fail due to lack of manpower and overdemanding leaders.

'
gadien wrote:OP updated with current needs and rules.

- Village rep Gadien

'

Didnt see that yet or the new OP when posted above ^.

Not sure if you are aware, but OP means original post/poster. I updated the first post on the recruitment page to reflect our new goals and style of play. When I first made the recruitment post I was more worried about growing to fast and letting in the wrong people. However, we progressed way more quickly than I expected so the recruitment post has to reflect that. As you can see, the member limit, which was an initially set low to get to know core members, has been removed.

Hindsight dictates that I should have probably just made a new recruitment post, but I didn't want to clutter the forums when 1 is enough given the unlimited number of updates and title changes that can be done on these forums.
All comments are strictly my own personal view and should not reflect the views or opinions of Narshe as a whole

gadien

Re: (USA) Narshe Recruiting (Updated and Open!)

Postby Macintosh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:23 pm

I would be happy to fill in whatever role you need most at the moment.
Macintosh

Postby Macintosh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:16 am

Suddenly my PMs are not being sent they are just sitting in my outbox...
Macintosh

Postby Grog » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 am

pms just sitting in the outbox means that they werent read yet
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby LysanderD » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Just to clarify things so that this misunderstanding doesn't lead to others not joining:

Thijssnl wrote:

The original post Gadien made was "max ten players" because that's about all we could support at the time (in the case that they were all new players, which we pretty much had to assume that they would be). In the few days since the OP was made and my response was added, things had changed- thus the need I felt for creating a reply/update to the information. We're no longer limiting ourselves to ten or even twenty, as we now have the space and resources to handle a lot more.

As for assertion, of course we'll be assertive. There would be no point in playing a game with PVP if you let others kill your people and steal whatever they want without consequence. Reaching the point where assertiveness is a possibility is at the top of the list.

Thijssnl wrote:Best of luck although I think this is doomed to fail due to lack of manpower and overdemanding leaders.

I hope you meant 'over-demanding' based on the village numbers misunderstanding, as everything else seems rather realistic to me. If you did mean something else, please let me know what it is.

~Lysander (Chiharu IGN, Narshe Lawspeaker)
LysanderD

Postby gadien » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 am

Temporarily closed due to a surge in new members

gadien

Re: (USA) Narshe Recruiting (Open)

Postby gadien » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm

We are open again for recruitment and looking for the same type of players. Please read the first post and send a PM if you are interested in joining.

Edit: I updated the post as well

gadien

Re: (USA) Narshe Recruiting (Open)

Postby M4NU96 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:57 am

gaiden how i can come to ur village?
M4NU96

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves