Bowerstone Republic - Recruitment thread (revamped)

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Bowerstone Republic - Recruitment thread (revamped)

Postby Gh0stw0lf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello hearthlings,

Many of you may be wondering why there is a new thread dedicated to Bowerstone recruitment when there was a perfectly good old one. Well, many of the applicants were not reading the main post and sending me messages and consequently I was inundated by applications on the forums and through messages. In addition to the aforementioned reason our standards here at Bowerstone have changed (for the better) since receiving many hearthlings from our application thread not many lasted and some downright betrayed us.

So what's changed? You may ask. Good question, our criteria and selection of those who apply. The standards now are given emphasis upon quality of the player rather than the quantities of players.

Here is what the Bowerstone Republic can offer you
-A safe place to live with great amount of resources in the near vicinity.
- The essentials to live and more, including a good size plot and anything you wish for your own personal claim.
- A tightknit community and although we don't have the most players, we do have some of the best and someone is always on.
- A group that's geared to advance together as a village, rather than separately.

Of course with such promises we do have access to almost every resource in the game (save gold and silver, but we will have them.)

What can I expect if I join the Bowerstone Republic?
-Per our newly instituted rules, you will be accepted to the village with limited rights until your probationary period ends (5 days of active playing). During this period you will not be given coordinates to our most precious resources, merchants robes, rangers cloaks, high q items of value will not be given. During the period you will be given the tools to survive, food and a safe place to live. After the period ends you will be welcomed in like a king with a 10 day orgy of all the women (or men) you could ever want and great feast awaiting you. Who else can promise that? ;)

Sounds great! How can I apply?
The first to take is by filling out this application as you can see some changes have been made to our previous application to weed out the unwanted players.

Application:
What time zone are you in?:
What Country are you currently playing from?:
How many hours a day (or week) are you able to play H&H (Be honest!)?:
How much experience have you had playiing H&H?:
How would you contribute to the village?:
What languages do you know and in which are you most fluent?:
How old are you? (If this question is too intrusive - feel free to leave it blank - I respect privacy!)
What do you like to do with your time outside of the H&H?
Are you willing to use Ventrilo (Voice communication server) to communicate while in-game?:
Have you been part of another village before, if so what one? What is your reason for leaving?

Awesome. I applied, now what?
- Be patient. It will take me about 1-2 hours, 6 hours at the latest, to reply whether you've made it to the 2nd part of the interview process. You will be guaranteed a response either way.
- You CAN send me your application via PM if you do not wish to post it on the forums. This does not mean you will receive a response faster.
- For those that make it to the 2nd part of the interview, you will be required to get onto our ventrilo server in order to answer questions, if you do not have a mic, don't fret. As long as you can hear me and reply to questions in-game, although a mic is preferable.

Those who shouldn't apply:
    If you can't take a joke, don't apply.
    If you just started playing yesterday and don't know how to make a bucket, don't apply
    If you love to post idiotic posts on the forums

Lastly, what we are looking for
We are a large enough village that we will ask aspiring applicants to have a focus in one aspect of how they would like to help the village in addition the ways they gain LP. This does not mean if you choose to be a cook that's all you will be doing, there are many things for our villagers to do to help out and have a direct impact upon the village. So if you feel that you're great at something (Cooking, farming, etc) please say so and you will be given that focus.

We look forward to recruiting some quality players and having many feasts and becoming one of the best villages!
-Gh0stw0lf
Gh0stw0lf

Re: Bowerstone Republic - Recruitment thread (revamped)

Postby daxslayer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:32 am

I would like to reapply to join Bowerstone, after being kicked out a while back.

Application:
What time zone are you in?: GMT -5
What Country are you currently playing from?: USA
How many hours a day (or week) are you able to play H&H (Be honest!)?: 2-5hours
How much experience have you had playiing H&H?: I played since the start of W4 and part of W3
How would you contribute to the village?: I can hunt, cook, and work as a ranger within the village.
What languages do you know and in which are you most fluent?: English
How old are you? 13
What do you like to do with your time outside of the H&H? Game, Program
Are you willing to use Ventrilo (Voice communication server) to communicate while in-game?: Yep.
Have you been part of another village before, if so what one? What is your reason for leaving? Yes. I have been part of Balmora, which was destroyed by friends of D.C, and then I join Thisland. It feel as if Thisland isn't progressing, but instead degressing.

I can promise to yall, that I will no longer threaten the people who stole my first hide in W4. I know it was wrong, but I felt like I should destroy them for having stole from me. Like I said, I apologize, and I will not threaten the people stealing from me again.
~Daxslayer, slayer of Dax~
daxslayer

Postby Lithorn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 am

What time zone are you in?: EST
What Country are you currently playing from?: USA
How many hours a day (or week) are you able to play H&H (Be honest!)?: Right now, as much as I want. When I get moved, 3-5
How much experience have you had playiing H&H?: Started a few weeks ago, now it seems like everything is just too easy.
How would you contribute to the village?: You need miners, and I like digging walls.
What languages do you know and in which are you most fluent?: English
How old are you? (If this question is too intrusive - feel free to leave it blank - I respect privacy!) 25
What do you like to do with your time outside of the H&H? Psh, what else. Drink and play games.
Are you willing to use Ventrilo (Voice communication server) to communicate while in-game?: We have a Radio stations vent if need be.. Check it out. SIRADIO.FM
Have you been part of another village before, if so what one? What is your reason for leaving? Yes, was raided, everyone just gave up.
Lithorn

Postby Gh0stw0lf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Dax and Lithorne - PMs have been sent.
Gh0stw0lf

Postby ralphdestroyer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:53 pm

What time zone are you in?: GMT +1
What Country are you currently playing from?: Denmark
How many hours a day (or week) are you able to play H&H (Be honest!)?: Differs as im going on highschool, but i guess about 5-30 thats minimum and maximum
How much experience have you had playiing H&H?: played with some in world 3, didnt try everything out but tried a lot, and it was fun as hell, and i really want to play it more/again.
How would you contribute to the village?: Uhh.. being helpfull share my bounty, and care about the village itself?
What languages do you know and in which are you most fluent?: i know danish and english, would say im most fluent in danish, but i got higher grades in english than danish in school :P
How old are you? (If this question is too intrusive - feel free to leave it blank - I respect privacy!) 20 and proud of it! :D
What do you like to do with your time outside of the H&H? uhh.. the same as my education kinda teaches me, Make games, or play them x) hang out with friends, or sleep! or maybe make some more poems or whatever comes to mind in the impulsiveness of the moment.
Are you willing to use Ventrilo (Voice communication server) to communicate while in-game?: Yea, through not at all times as i might not be at my home computer most of the time.
Have you been part of another village before, if so what one? What is your reason for leaving? i was part of an unnamed one, more like a little camp, someone forgot to let the key to the palisade stay inside, he went out and died, then it was all ruined, so we all kinda split, so im free.

Need more info, you're welcome to ask. :)
ralphdestroyer

Postby Ogrimm » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

I would like to apply to join Bowerstone
Application:
What time zone are you in?: GMT -3
What Country are you currently playing from?: Argentina
How many hours a day (or week) are you able to play H&H (Be honest!)?: 3-6 hours maybe 7
How much experience have you had playiing H&H?: 2 weeks
How would you contribute to the village?: Farming,Cooking, anything that is wanted
What languages do you know and in which are you most fluent?: Spanish, English
How old are you? 16
What do you like to do with your time outside of the H&H? gaming, drums
Are you willing to use Ventrilo (Voice communication server) to communicate while in-game?: maybe... i understand english but im not good at talking english
Have you been part of another village before, if so what one? What is your reason for leaving? a small community with some friends but somebody destroy it
For Pony!!!
Ogrimm

Postby daxslayer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am

These guys are not defensive enough of themselves. They kicked me out of the village for wanting to raid a potential threat, someone who likely had a mine.
~Daxslayer, slayer of Dax~
daxslayer

Postby Gh0stw0lf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 am

daxslayer wrote:These guys are not defensive enough of themselves. They kicked me out of the village for wanting to raid a potential threat, someone who likely had a mine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When you were kicked out the world was barely a few days old and you had assumed a place had a mine? Even so, that does not constitute a good reason to raid. I won't dabble in a useless internet 13 year old that will damage my good application thread. Hold yourself with dignity and accept that you did not meet our quality standards when the world started and you sure don't now.

The picture was posted for reasons so the rest of the forum could see how you easily flipped out and started raging - then proceeded to call yourself rage and admit yourself that you rage at everything.

That being said, we take action only when necessary and now consider yourself an enemy to Bowerstone and we are paying metal for your location & we will kill on site. We sure aren't defensive enough.
Gh0stw0lf

Postby Brass » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:24 am

daxslayer wrote:These guys are not defensive enough of themselves. They kicked me out of the village for wanting to raid a potential threat, someone who likely had a mine.

Before anything negative comes out of this, I'd like to state that the purpose of this post is for the NEW Bowerstone. Currently in Bowerstone there is no room for 13 year olds who "raid" on a whim or whose sole desire in this game is to grief. We've gotten to the point where we do not need hoards of noobs applying. We are looking for a few select individuals to round out our already self sustaining group of villagers.
Brass

Postby barracuda546 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:30 am

Gh0stw0lf wrote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When you were kicked out the world was barely a few days old and you had assumed a place had a mine? Even so, that does not constitute a good reason to raid. I won't dabble in a useless internet 13 year old that will damage my good application thread. Hold yourself with dignity and accept that you did not meet our quality standards when the world started and you sure don't now.

The picture was posted for reasons so the rest of the forum could see how you easily flipped out and started raging - then proceeded to call yourself rage and admit yourself that you rage at everything.

That being said, we take action only when necessary and now consider yourself an enemy to Bowerstone and we are paying metal for your location & we will kill on site. We sure aren't defensive enough.

This kid holds some serious grudges. But I will admit the "inevitable destruction" gave me a chuckle
"If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
barracuda546

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves