A thanks to the guy who raided me/Ranger request

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

A thanks to the guy who raided me/Ranger request

Postby Enti » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:29 am

First off, I would like to state I will now look like a total noob, mostly do to the fact I haven't yet gotten the screenies and chords (Please give me a moment. The attack is currently going on, and I am having problems getting on ender's client. I will attempt to have them after the raid is over, maybe see if I can get them tomorrow).

Now for the story. I am just a random noob hermit living in the middle of nowhere (chords still to come) for several days now. I have made a nice little camp, a timber house with a small wheat and hop crop, and several useful but cheap things. Nothing valuable, just noob stuff. I managed to get full leather armor as well as nettle cloths, still noob but not "Get that noob" noob. Aside from that minor armor, my only other defense was 7 UAC with the nettle boost and the starts of a pali (As in the pali was almost started...) as well as everything but my kiln within a staked claim. Although I lived on a river (Which after reading some of these forums, I realize is a bad idea) , the only people I met where rather nice, simply greeting me and moving on, or at worse, take a wishbone from a chest before I put the stake claim up.

So I left my little claim to go look for rabbits to transform into leather, I still needed a ton to finish the first pali, and across from my house I spotted a dandelion. I had plenty of extra room to study it, so I got out and took it. While I was getting it and getting ready to put it in it's place, a random raider came down the river and landed next to me. He was wearing a bear cape and a merc robe, if I remember correctly. Then he started attacking me. So I did the logical thing and punched him in the face. Of course this didn't work to well, I had only recently defeated a chick and that was mostly do to lucky hits, so after one punch I decided I should probably gtfo and ran to my boat, a step away. I stated running and realized I had not yet spoken to him yet. So I turned around and said "Hia", at which he paused, turned around, and presumably headed toward my home to rape it to the ground. I didn't stick around to find out. I decided to run in the opposite direction. Then is where the "Thanks" came from, while I was running, a good distance away I found my first peace of flotsam. To be honest, this flotsam is probably more valuable than any thing I left behind, save maybe my early stage crops. The second reason I owe him thanks is do to the fact that he was an aggressive raider, yet not strong enough to outright kill me, which showed me I was, in fact, stupid for living so close to a river. So thanks for that. So after I found the flotsam, I decided to do the logical thing and log out.

Why did I write all that? Because, I thought the generic "Here are my chords, I got robbed, kick his ass plox" would have been boring and I needed something to do while I waited for my land to be finished being rapped and all. I really don't expect any sympathy or rangers to show up, but I was board so I came here. Now I will probably wait for another hour or so (Just to get a head start on paranoia) , then go to that forum page for fixing the ender's client, making it simple for me to get the chords and screenies of the carnage that is probably there. Sorry for being so foolish, but if someone would like to rid the world of someone who seems to go around attacking noobs like me as well as getting me a bit of vengeance, the chords are coming....

Edit: Went back to my house, everything is fine. If you still want to get my revenge for him knocking down my defense, fine with me, now I am going to back to fixing my Ender's client...
Last edited by Enti on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enti

Re: A thanks to the guy who raided me/Ranger request

Postby Howlingnorth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:46 am

Enti wrote:First off, I would like to state I will now look like a total noob, mostly do to the fact I haven't yet gotten the screenies and chords (Please give me a moment. The attack is currently going on, and I am having problems getting on ender's client. I will attempt to have them after the raid is over, maybe see if I can get them tomorrow).

Now for the story. I am just a random noob hermit living in the middle of nowhere (chords still to come) for several days now. I have made a nice little camp, a timber house with a small wheat and hop crop, and several useful but cheap things. Nothing valuable, just noob stuff. I managed to get full leather armor as well as nettle cloths, still noob but not "Get that noob" noob. Aside from that minor armor, my only other defense was 7 UAC with the nettle boost and the starts of a pali (As in the pali was almost started...) as well as everything but my kiln within a staked claim. Although I lived on a river (Which after reading some of these forums, I realize is a bad idea) , the only people I met where rather nice, simply greeting me and moving on, or at worse, take a wishbone from a chest before I put the stake claim up.

So I left my little claim to go look for rabbits to transform into leather, I still needed a ton to finish the first pali, and across from my house I spotted a dandelion. I had plenty of extra room to study it, so I got out and took it. While I was getting it and getting ready to put it in it's place, a random raider came down the river and landed next to me. He was wearing a bear cape and a merc robe, if I remember correctly. Then he started attacking me. So I did the logical thing and punched him in the face. Of course this didn't work to well, I had only recently defeated a chick and that was mostly do to lucky hits, so after one punch I decided I should probably gtfo and ran to my boat, a step away. I stated running and realized I had not yet spoken to him yet. So I turned around and said "Hia", at which he paused, turned around, and presumably headed toward my home to rape it to the ground. I didn't stick around to find out. I decided to run in the opposite direction. Then is where the "Thanks" came from, while I was running, a good distance away I found my first peace of flotsam. To be honest, this flotsam is probably more valuable than any thing I left behind, save maybe my early stage crops. The second reason I owe him thanks is do to the fact that he was an aggressive raider, yet not strong enough to outright kill me, which showed me I was, in fact, stupid for living so close to a river. So thanks for that. So after I found the flotsam, I decided to do the logical thing and log out.

Why did I write all that? Because, I thought the generic "Here are my chords, I got robbed, kick his ass plox" would have been boring and I needed something to do while I waited for my land to be finished being rapped and all. I really don't expect any sympathy or rangers to show up, but I was board so I came here. Now I will probably wait for another hour or so (Just to get a head start on paranoia) , then go to that forum page for fixing the ender's client, making it simple for me to get the chords and screenies of the carnage that is probably there. Sorry for being so foolish, but if someone would like to rid the world of someone who seems to go around attacking noobs like me as well as getting me a bit of vengeance, the chords are coming....

Living by the river isnt such a bad thing, its important to have access to it. If you want my 2 cent however i suggest joining a village for protection.
Howlingnorth

Postby DracoSoul » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 am

>first post
>quote main post

why
see that nigga turnin
feel that bullet burnin
now that nigga learnin
DracoSoul

Postby killette2 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 am

If your raider was weak enough to not kill you when you had those stats, you could easily get stronger and take him down next time he comes around.
killette2

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 am

I'm pretty sure you were raided in D minor.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Enti » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am

Alright, have ender's client up and now just have to learn how to find the coords with it... But here is the screenie.Image (I really need to learn to use the preview button...) My house is on the other side of the river, untouched, so really it is jut a two hit assault.
Enti

Postby Brandon_Nevera » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm thinking your the guy I just met yesterday, actually.
Brandon_Nevera

Postby Mvpeh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:33 pm

>Looks at minimap and smiles sadly.

You're on the verge of a 4 river split. That means someone can come down from 4 directions. It may seem like a great spot, but it's not. This is going to happen again. I'd take the time to move NOW. If you need help moving, I can set you up a better spot.

EDIT: And also, you find co-ords via the Algerath map, which is currently down. But here is a link anyways: http://www.algeralith.info/HavenMap/
My son, walk not in the way unarmed; because thou knowest not when thy enemy shall come upon thee.
Mvpeh

Return to In Congress Assembled