A thief in LUEville (closed)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: A thief in LUEville

Postby Radenk » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 am

saltmummy626 wrote:if the hearth in question was inside that house, the cone from tracking would be wider

:?:
Radenk

Postby ElGato » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 am

saltmummy626 wrote:if the hearth in question was inside that house, the cone from tracking would be wider, now get pics of tracking from another direction preferably more than one direction. the one pic you posted is not adequate.

the size of the pie you see when tracking is NOT based on how far away someone is....
I've seen many people make this mistake over the last few worlds.
The size of pie you see is your perception * exploration versus their intelligence * stealth.
In no way does a scent tell you how far you are from the perpetrator or his or her hearth fire.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby Tearik » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:22 am

ElGato wrote:
saltmummy626 wrote:if the hearth in question was inside that house, the cone from tracking would be wider, now get pics of tracking from another direction preferably more than one direction. the one pic you posted is not adequate.

the size of the pie you see when tracking is NOT based on how far away someone is....
The size of pie you see is your perception * exploration versus their intelligence * stealth.
In no way does a scent tell you how far you are from the perpetrator or his or her hearth fire.

lol based on his gear and and hotbar. if his hearth was in that particular house. the pie would be about 360 degrees.
if the scents are in fact from my village i know who it might be and im gonna check with the scents. i've already spoken with the person in question and he said if their his scents he'll return anything he has because he is very careful to take only from unwalled places that look abandoned (ie all crops on unplowed ground, things degrading)

but. thats if the scents are in fact from my town.
I've added TC's hearth and will speak to him when i see him online in game.
Tearik

Postby NaoWhut » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 am

Think i found the theif...
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Tearik » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 am

NaoWhut wrote:Image

Think i found the theif...

Why do I not have you kinned in game yet lol.
Tearik

Postby ElGato » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

Tearik wrote:
ElGato wrote:

lol based on his gear and and hotbar. if his hearth was in that particular house. the pie would be about 360 degrees.
if the scents are in fact from my village i know who it might be and im gonna check with the scents. i've already spoken with the person in question and he said if their his scents he'll return anything he has because he is very careful to take only from unwalled places that look abandoned (ie all crops on unplowed ground, things degrading)

but. thats if the scents are in fact from my town.
I've added TC's hearth and will speak to him when i see him online in game.

AGAIN, IF THE HF IS IN YOUR VILLAGE AND YOU TRACK IT IS NOT GOING TO FUCKING BE 360 DEGREES.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby ninja_yodeler » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 am

yeah i have no idea what your on about dude from LUEville. Like Gato said. its your perc*exp against his stealth*int. distance is irrelevant. try it, get a scent. track it to the fire, then take off (or put on) tracking gear, and unless your gear sucks, the delta will be different.
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Vigilance » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 am

ElGato wrote:AGAIN, IF THE HF IS IN YOUR VILLAGE AND YOU TRACK IT IS NOT GOING TO FUCKING BE 360 DEGREES.

Thats not what hes implying.

I think hes implying that the person in the house has very high intel/stealth.

Chill, kitty. =o
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Tearik » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Vigilance wrote:
ElGato wrote:AGAIN, IF THE HF IS IN YOUR VILLAGE AND YOU TRACK IT IS NOT GOING TO FUCKING BE 360 DEGREES.

Thats not what hes implying.

I think hes implying that the person in the house has very high intel/stealth.

Chill, kitty. =o

thats exactly what 'he" is implying.
Tearik

Postby Tearik » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:56 pm

sorted
Tearik

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled