Just got raided

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Just got raided

Postby Grable » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

You got fucked by the system. Cheaters and botters win again!
Grable

Postby Mashadar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Grable wrote:You got fucked by the system. Cheaters and botters win again!

Bullshit. You don't need to cheat and bot to have vandalism by now.
Mashadar

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Grable wrote:You got fucked by the system. Cheaters and botters win again!

I hope for great things to you. But as was said, it's not impossible. If i kill him tomorrow or later ill go ahead and retract my statements knowing he was just a dedicated *****, but till then exploiters should be thrown into a lake with no boat.
JoeNightmare

Postby daemmonium » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Character created at
2011-03-13 07:15
Last played at
2011-03-16 04:17
Direct ancestor
None
Learning points collected
919 (92889 total)

---

That is my character. And guess what? I've NEVER used an empress or a flotsam (never got one).
I didnt macro, didnt cheat, didnt exploit, didnt ANYTHING BAD.

It's just playing, some days you play more, some days you play less. Can you imagine that "total" if I had used at least 4-5 empress before the nerf? And with the new system, you can be just extremely lucky to get enough items to put in there, log out and TA-DA lotsa LP.
Do you want see right through the devil's eyes?
You must have seen the ground where they all stood before
I was a young man then, I was a young man then
Spending my time on the killing floor
Be more than you seem to be
Joy of labour sets you free.
daemmonium

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 pm

daemmonium wrote:Character created at
2011-03-13 07:15
Last played at
2011-03-16 04:17
Direct ancestor
None
Learning points collected
919 (92889 total)

---

That is my character. And guess what? I've NEVER used an empress or a flotsam (never got one).
I didnt macro, didnt cheat, didnt exploit, didnt ANYTHING BAD.

It's just playing, some days you play more, some days you play less. Can you imagine that "total" if I had used at least 4-5 empress before the nerf? And with the new system, you can be just extremely lucky to get enough items to put in there, log out and TA-DA lotsa LP.

May you be next to the new odditown. you swung and hit your head on a brick wall.
JoeNightmare

Postby Tamalak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

My int is only 14 (I've been slacking) and my play is casual, AND I gave my only ant empress away.. and I have 35,000 LP

If I had put my mind to it I'd definitely have 100,000 LP by now.
Tamalak

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Tamalak wrote:My int is only 14 (I've been slacking) and my play is casual, AND I gave my only ant empress away.. and I have 35,000 LP

may your journy be under a black cloud.
JoeNightmare

Postby Tamalak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm

JoeNightmare wrote:
Tamalak wrote:My int is only 14 (I've been slacking) and my play is casual, AND I gave my only ant empress away.. and I have 35,000 LP

may your journy be under a black cloud.

No, that's the guy I live with, he got torn apart by ants and then someone nearby who hates him violated his skeleton :lol:
Tamalak

Postby Sevenless » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

You're missing the point of the new update entirely.

It's not designed to take away grinding advantages in the slightest. If that guy has been playing 16 hours a day raiding ant hills, he could easily have vandalism by now. Each queen easily gives 10k lp at max LA. Not to mention the more time he spends online, the more time he can spend stat grinding. I'm sure there's someone who's managed to get murder at this point. That's even without using any of the exploits or bugs (I think loftar mentioned they caught a guy with 1-2 million LP already, they deleted that char and were trying to find out how he got that LP).

So what's the point of the new system? In communal settings, it levels the playing field slightly between casual players and hardcore players. That's assuming the hardcore players feed the casuals decent Q curios (I'm actually helping my girlfriend out in that way atm). But mostly what it's designed for is to curb the benefits of botting. As one person mentioned, the aim of this new system seems to be an attempt to make the LP ratio of botters to your average player go from 1000:1 to 10-5:1.The best LP gains right *now* aren't bottable. Ants for beginners, and hunting curios if you've got the attention for them from what I've heard.

Stats can still be botted up, and I'm sure there'll be something in the future that comes up, but it won't be anything like the stone botters from last world.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Sevenless wrote:You're missing the point of the new update entirely.

It's not designed to take away grinding advantages in the slightest. If that guy has been playing 16 hours a day raiding ant hills, he could easily have vandalism by now. Each queen easily gives 10k lp at max LA. Not to mention the more time he spends online, the more time he can spend stat grinding. I'm sure there's someone who's managed to get murder at this point. That's even without using any of the exploits or bugs (I think loftar mentioned they caught a guy with 1-2 million LP already, they deleted that char and were trying to find out how he got that LP).

So what's the point of the new system? In communal settings, it levels the playing field slightly between casual players and hardcore players. That's assuming the hardcore players feed the casuals decent Q curios (I'm actually helping my girlfriend out in that way atm). But mostly what it's designed for is to curb the benefits of botting. As one person mentioned, the aim of this new system seems to be an attempt to make the LP ratio of botters to your average player go from 1000:1 to 10-5:1.The best LP gains right *now* aren't bottable. Ants for beginners, and hunting curios if you've got the attention for them from what I've heard.

Stats can still be botted up, and I'm sure there'll be something in the future that comes up, but it won't be anything like the stone botters from last world.

1) JLo stated explicitly that the point wasn't to curb botting. It was to take away the reward from making useless shit en masse, which detracted from the feel of the setting. Nerfing botting was just a nice side effect
2) It was 1.6 billion lp
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled