Just got raided

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Just got raided

Postby Halagaz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Damn some people are fast. :shock:
Halagaz

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Halagaz wrote:Damn some people are fast. :shock:

1,000,000 gold stars to you my friend lol
JoeNightmare

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Sevenless wrote:You're missing the point of the new update entirely.

It's not designed to take away grinding advantages in the slightest. If that guy has been playing 16 hours a day raiding ant hills, he could easily have vandalism by now. Each queen easily gives 10k lp at max LA. Not to mention the more time he spends online, the more time he can spend stat grinding. I'm sure there's someone who's managed to get murder at this point. That's even without using any of the exploits or bugs (I think loftar mentioned they caught a guy with 1-2 million LP already, they deleted that char and were trying to find out how he got that LP).

So what's the point of the new system? In communal settings, it levels the playing field slightly between casual players and hardcore players. That's assuming the hardcore players feed the casuals decent Q curios (I'm actually helping my girlfriend out in that way atm). But mostly what it's designed for is to curb the benefits of botting. As one person mentioned, the aim of this new system seems to be an attempt to make the LP ratio of botters to your average player go from 1000:1 to 10-5:1.The best LP gains right *now* aren't bottable. Ants for beginners, and hunting curios if you've got the attention for them from what I've heard.

Stats can still be botted up, and I'm sure there'll be something in the future that comes up, but it won't be anything like the stone botters from last world.

Swing batta batta. several mistakes here bud, let me go in order
1: 16 hours a day? you kidding me? 3% chance, that's three out of 100 ant hills. That is not a 16 hour program to get enough to have a constant flow of them unless you have a swarm of dun dun bots.
2: The 10k was a recent nerf, used to be 20k
3: Stat grinding is meaningless to LP in general to mentioning it is awkward at best
4: To get vandalism you need 100k LP so I'm sure 130k isn't far off, I have that so i wont say he couldn't have done it legitly as previously stated.
5: Leveling the playing field has already been beaten over the head with the ugly stick because of all the exploiting people. AND it is impossible for new players or casual players to catch up because TIME is a variable to going the correct way.
6: It was 1.6 bil, not mil.
7: Assumptions are deadly, remember that. Assuming that high tier players will help low tier players out is a horrible assumption since high tier players are hardcore and do not want to be in line with casual players MOST OF THE TIME.
8: As someone else already states, the decrease in botting benefit is merely a positive outcome and was not the original intention. Also Botting WWS and other such things would not be hard and creating bots that farm on ant hills also not too hard I PRESUME, i don't bot nor could i thus i don't know but i d know people have made some pretty elaborate bots already.
9: I have hunted many bears down already yet i still get a hype for ants because the empress takes 3 hours and gives 10k LP but the boar tusk i estimate takes 50 hours WITHOUT CRASHES, and i dont know how much LP they give anyways. Also empresses take 6 slots but tusks take 15. so you can see the delima when your low tier not trying to farm INT till your pants explode.
10: You missed the point of my original post to a alarming degree. Either you didn't read the main post or you read the topic and not anything else. I pray that's why or else I would suggest more blueberries in your diet.
11: It would seem you missed the point of the new update more then me.
12: Cause this post is long enough, one more shouldn't hurt.
Last edited by JoeNightmare on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeNightmare

Postby Mopstar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Flame wrote:
3 days in and i just got raided by a guy who had vandalism.

I think the main is this.
Was this new system a way to avoid grinding?

I prefer being able to do whatever i want if i have things being studied than to have to keep grindning lp
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Mopstar wrote:
Flame wrote:
3 days in and i just got raided by a guy who had vandalism.

I think the main is this.
Was this new system a way to avoid grinding?

I prefer being able to do whatever i want if i have things being studied than to have to keep grindning lp

You sir, just made the best Pro-system statement I've seen thus far, Bravo. A+
May you find a gold mine in peace.
JoeNightmare

Postby Dusk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 pm

There is a massive LP bug currently that some factions are using to grief other people. We've been experiencing it firsthand. Jorb and Loftar will fix it soon, until then, get that palisade up. There are people with 100+ uc. murder, vand and theft already.

In the mean time don't get discouraged. This is an alpha game and there will be problems. If you do a see problem, talk about it rationally.
Dusk

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Dusk wrote:There is a massive LP bug currently that some factions are using to grief other people. We've been experiencing it firsthand. Jorb and Loftar will fix it soon, until then, get that palisade up. There are people with 100+ uc. murder, vand and theft already.

In the mean time don't get discouraged. This is an alpha game and there will be problems. If you do a see problem, talk about it rationally.

May you get deer antlers and bear teeth till you must use them for bone glue.
Indeed, the problem is that a lot of people don't want to talk about it rationally and resort to "then quit".
JoeNightmare

Postby drysun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Sevenless wrote:2) It was 1.6 billion lp

HOLY CONE COW!
drysun

Postby DeBosh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm

JoeNightmare wrote:Now what do we have here, 3 days in and i just got raided by a guy who had vandalism. He didnt take anything worth while got golligee, since i did not exploit this game i cant even track his guy. who would have thought exploits have nothing better to do then steal ants.
The guy came up, destroyed our building palisades then proceeded to loot our stuff, and since none of us had though, "you know what, it's been three days, we should protect ourselves from mass murderers and thieves" we could do jack. and then i got ranging and guess what? i cant see a thing. this Int = Lp thing is now officially bull. The best skill i got is 20 survival and boat building and ive been pretty lucky with my curios.

who would have thought a game breaking thing would break the game. Yes i am venting, yes i am annoyed, and yes all i am saying is true, and no you are not allowed to say "then quit" cause im tired of you guys saying that cause you exploited the system and think it's wondeefulll

And if you do say "cry me a river" "you suck" "then quit" then may the DEVS spawn a bear on you with the worst timing.

I know a couple of guys who have ~200k lp already. I, myself, has only around 50k, cause i died once already. Thats not impossible. Eat shit and die.

Dusk wrote:There is a massive LP bug currently that some factions are using to grief other people. We've been experiencing it firsthand. Jorb and Loftar will fix it soon, until then, get that palisade up. There are people with 100+ uc. murder, vand and theft already.

100+Uc= 500+ k lp. Got any proofs or you're just whining?
DeBosh

Postby JoeNightmare » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:35 pm

DeBosh wrote:::dont want to quote long post::

Yeah... are your observant. May you find high Q soil, water, clay, and iron and may you be grieved and lose all your findings before you may partake in them.
And then may jorb eat you with his god fork.
JoeNightmare

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled