Russian threat

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Russian threat

Postby Shaka_Adim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 pm

So.. while i as out exploring, my gf was aproached by a pair of russians. They stated that we have 3 days to leave our land or we'll face consequences.
Also they left a runestone at our neighbour's house claiming that he has 2 day to leave or he is dead.
They kept repeating that they represent russian empire.
Personally I'm intending to ignore this threat. We've been playing for about a week and today we began our palisade.
But.. if they comeback what should I do? I don't think they live near because it's the first time we encountered any threat in this land. Also, we settled on a preety poor terrain (about 20Q, no cave), no cave, mainly to avoid situations like this.
What are your sugestions fellows?
Shaka_Adim

Re: Russian threat

Postby DeBosh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Shaka_Adim wrote:So.. while i as out exploring, my gf was aproached by a pair of russians. They stated that we have 3 days to leave our land or we'll face consequences.
Also they left a runestone at our neighbour's house claiming that he has 2 day to leave or he is dead.
Personally I'm intending to ignore this threat. We've been playing for about a week and today we began our palisade.
But.. if they comeback what should I do? I don't think they live near because it's the first time we encountered any threat in this land. Also, we settled on a preety poor terrain (about 20Q, no cave), no cave, mainly to avoid situations like this.

Coords?

tl:dr Russian
DeBosh

Postby chaosovum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Common sense says that if they COULD kill you, run you off, they'd have done it when they left the runestone. Right?
chaosovum

Postby Shaka_Adim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 pm

chaosovum wrote:Common sense says that if they COULD kill you, run you off, they'd have done it when they left the runestone. Right?

True, but i would like to avoid being anoyed everyday ;)
I'm just curious about people stories with simmilar situations so i can act accordingly.

DeBosh wrote:Coords?

I haven't yet found my location on map but honestly i don't intend in giving them unless sth bad happens (and when i'll have palisade ;) )
Shaka_Adim

Postby Noogia » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Shaka_Adim wrote:So.. while i as out exploring, my gf was aproached by a pair of russians. They stated that we have 3 days to leave our land or we'll face consequences.

I think i live near there, if you are able to post coords, i may be able to help you.
Noogia

Postby crfernald » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm

If you would like, my jolly band of Croatians can help you out. We dislike Russians.

For payment though either you or your girlfriend must die.

As opposed to both of you dieing, only one does! We won't ask for payment in advance, only after we've killed all the Russians and taken their shinies. You can have what's left that we don't feel like taking.
crfernald

Postby Shaka_Adim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 pm

crfernald wrote:If you would like, my jolly band of Croatians can help you out. We dislike Russians.

For payment though either you or your girlfriend must die.

As opposed to both of you dieing, only one does! We won't ask for payment in advance, only after we've killed all the Russians and taken their shinies. You can have what's left that we don't feel like taking.

After giving it some thought... i'll pass ;)
Shaka_Adim

Postby kralmir » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:59 pm

the real question is what does your girlfriend look like and how good a sammich can she make?

dont refuse his offer just yet, think about that a bit more.
[5:09:24 AM] kralmir: shrek is love
[5:09:27 AM] kralmir: shrek is life

"It's a survival game, not a Survivor game." -Potjeh, feb 1st 2012.
kralmir

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Get your palisade up. What were they wearing, can you identify? If they were a band of individuals running around in bronze plate, there isn't much you can do to fight them off besides be smart inside of your walls. If they were jokers in leather or worse, then you can just teach your gf and yourself some Marksmanship and hold onto a decent bow each to shoot at them from behind your walls should they return. Stay equipped in the best armor you can craft should they attempt to snipe you too.
TeckXKnight

Postby midomiko » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Best plan - finish your palisade, and use a secure key alt that you use for nothing else outside the gate to let both your and your gf's characters out. On your excursions outward, hope you can meet some friendly neighbors capable of combat/ranging on the odd chance your local terrorists do manage to break through your palisade and cause some trouble. As far as home security goes once your wall is up, clear the forest for at least 20 tiles outward from the wall of everything you can (trees, stumps, rocks) and make sure to run a quick patrol once when you log in, and once before you log off for the day to make certain there are no Rams being built - if there are, and the idiots left it undefended (takes 24 hours to be usable), then pop on out and smash it.

Anything beyond that is just common sense. Remember, they only win if you believe their bullshit and actually pull up stakes and leave. Threats are meaningless, if they really were capable of killing you and seizing your land, they would have already. Oh yeah, and 95% of people asking for coords are just wanting an excuse to come grief you because you admitted your palisade was not completed yet - these are the ones who may actually have theft/vandalism/murder.
midomiko

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled