Extremely Hostile Russian Settlement (-106,-15)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Extremely Hostile Russian Settlement (-106,-15)

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 am

DeBosh wrote:
Zalast wrote:Location on World Map -106,-15 (Between a Grassland and a Mudflat)

Numerous murders near and far from their settlement (far being 15 minutes south, by boat). Their scents are rather easy to find in river-side settlements, and I have a lot in my cupboards from these guys. Their place seems to be completely walled in, with a cave hidden from view, which probably lets out somewhere else. I ask for everyones support in destroying this place and bringing these criminals to justice (and that any scents left from these acts of justice are left alone, for the obvious reasons).

UPDATE: 2 more towns in the area have been attacked/destroyed by these individuals. One of them has no hearth fire, but for some reason the Murder scent can't be used to force summon him >.>

again and again. Any proofs that they are russians? Google translate works quite well nowdays, you know?

I don't really see why it would matter whether or not they're russian. Kill the griefers and be done with it.

Something interesting that I've found: Since killing no longer gives LP, I've been finding that constant griefers not being fed by a decent village tend to quite quickly fall behind village people. As long as they dedicate a fair amount of LP into UA you should easily be safe from people like this. They should still be eliminated to protect the noobs/hermits of the area though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby DeBosh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 am

Sevenless wrote:
DeBosh wrote:
Zalast wrote:Location on World Map -106,-15 (Between a Grassland and a Mudflat)

Numerous murders near and far from their settlement (far being 15 minutes south, by boat). Their scents are rather easy to find in river-side settlements, and I have a lot in my cupboards from these guys. Their place seems to be completely walled in, with a cave hidden from view, which probably lets out somewhere else. I ask for everyones support in destroying this place and bringing these criminals to justice (and that any scents left from these acts of justice are left alone, for the obvious reasons).

UPDATE: 2 more towns in the area have been attacked/destroyed by these individuals. One of them has no hearth fire, but for some reason the Murder scent can't be used to force summon him >.>

again and again. Any proofs that they are russians? Google translate works quite well nowdays, you know?

I don't really see why it would matter whether or not they're russian. Kill the griefers and be done with it.

Something interesting that I've found: Since killing no longer gives LP, I've been finding that constant griefers not being fed by a decent village tend to quite quickly fall behind village people. As long as they dedicate a fair amount of LP into UA you should easily be safe from people like this. They should still be eliminated to protect the noobs/hermits of the area though.

This really matters. Get over it, you know? I know many ppl who are scared to hell just because they see someone who may be russian.
DeBosh

Postby matiasdk2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 am

1. they are russians
2. it dosnt matter
3. stop being butthurt
matiasdk2

Postby bmjclark » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:50 am

Saphireking65 wrote:
bmjclark wrote:I was attacked by people around there yesterday, some "noob" sailed near me with a straw hat, i ignored him pretty much, what harm could he do? I continued sailing up the river and in comes his friend, they both proceeded to chase me attempting to block me in and smash my boat before i jumped out and hearthed. Should of entered combat with me =). I've actually been attacked alot around here, some guy attempted to kill me while i was standing near a river, he took maybe 5% of my defense before heading for the hills =p. So yah, if your around here just be careful

So you are saying these guys have shitty combat skills? Maybe my friend and I should go pay them a visit...

i really cant confirm that its the same people. I was more just saying how violent this area seems to be. Someone from nearby was also griefed, theres a forum post about it. Called "hermit getting griefed" or something like that. But yes, the guy that attacked me had shitty combat skills. Dunno about the guys in the boats tho, all i can say is 1 had a bear cape the other had a straw hat =p.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby matiasdk2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:54 am

i know one of them is caled maiqtheliar
matiasdk2

Postby Brass » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 am

pics or it didn't happen
Brass

Postby Canoobians » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 am

Sevenless wrote:Something interesting that I've found: Since killing no longer gives LP, I've been finding that constant griefers not being fed by a decent village tend to quite quickly fall behind village people. As long as they dedicate a fair amount of LP into UA you should easily be safe from people like this. They should still be eliminated to protect the noobs/hermits of the area though.

not sure how you found that. All the best curios are found by foraging or crafting from foragables. As long as the the griefers have around 40 exploration, if anything they should stay ahead of people who never leave a pallisade wall.
Canoobians

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 am

Canoobians wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Something interesting that I've found: Since killing no longer gives LP, I've been finding that constant griefers not being fed by a decent village tend to quite quickly fall behind village people. As long as they dedicate a fair amount of LP into UA you should easily be safe from people like this. They should still be eliminated to protect the noobs/hermits of the area though.

not sure how you found that. All the best curios are found by foraging or crafting from foragables. As long as the the griefers have around 40 exploration, if anything they should stay ahead of people who never leave a pallisade wall.

Aye, best curios are foraged. People who spend all their time griefing aren't stat grinding/getting good food though. 50-60 int of mid lvl curiosities > 30int of premium curiosities. And if you have a decent village you get some of those nice ones from foragers to top off your crafted "filler".

As for dangerous area, hell it's not that bad compared to where I came from (teletubbies + odditown + random raiders). On another note: Southeast of Brotherhood of Steel there's been raiders roaving in from the east as well.

And I still don't see why people are worried if they're russian. Sure a lot of russians play this game ruthlessly, but I feel the obvious scents leading to their compound is more of an indicator of their danger than their nationality. Not all russians are bad, let the scents tell the story not the language they speak.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby borka » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:27 am

Sevenless wrote: Not all russians are bad, let the scents tell the story not the language they speak.
:!:
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Zalast » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 am

Brass wrote:pics or it didn't happen

Shall I sail around and find pictures for all the other places for you?
Zalast

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled