warning for the middle grids

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

warning for the middle grids

Postby saltmummy626 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 am

postthisforthethread.jpg
postthisforthethread.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 1964 times

see this guy? see him? the one with the necro robe and bear cape? watch out for him. I was just murdered by him while tracking his theft scents from my cave home. he also left a honey pot to lure onto the land. I grabbed the boat, filled with fun stuff, like curios and such and sailed off, only to find him sailing up behind me. after a short and boring chase, I jumped out of the boat and took to land (I was trying to lead him into a boar, and a bear, but they didn't want me or him) where I found out, that if I had not run, and in fact stood my ground I could have beaten him to death. unfortunately, I just kept moving and as we all know, that means, no defense. he did so little damage...and it took him forever to actually kill me. so if anyone wants an easy kill, the murder itself occurred in the local map area (-38, 10) in the supergrid just to the left of the center. So do what you want, im gonna go live as a hermit for a bit... I always liked farming, and never got to do much of it in world 4. To my friends, don't worry, im not quitting, but I will need your HS so I can keep talking to you. also get out of that area, the guy keeps coming back.
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Re: warning for the middle grids

Postby Grable » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:42 am

so you got owned by a nub?
Grable

Postby Maiden » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am

You stole some guy's boat, and got murdered for it?

I don't get the problem here, death is the usual punishment for thieves.
Maiden

Postby saltmummy626 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am

oh no, I took the boat while I was tracking this person. by a curious coincidence it happened to be his boat. of coarse it was filled with my stolen goods, along with someone else as well i'm guessing.

If reclaiming my things from a boat that is not sitting on a claim is a crime then I guess i'm guilty?
Want to touch my fibula?
saltmummy626

Postby Maiden » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 am

Well, you didn't say that.

All you said was that you took his boat, and then he killed you.

Next time, just pick up the boat and hearth.
Maiden

Postby WarpedWiseMan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 am

Actually, maybe you should re-read the OP:

I was just murdered by him while tracking his theft scents from my cave home.

Thus, we can only assume the deceased was looking for his things and revenge.

Remember, before heading out for revenge, first dig two graves.
btaylor wrote:I have learned that the game doesn't follow the principles of mathematics. If you want something and the game is in a good mood you can get it, whatever it is. More often than not, however, the game wants you to die.

WarpedWiseMan

Postby Maiden » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

He did not say why he was tracking him, jsut that he did... and that he had a boat full of goodies which he took.

He did not say, "Stolen goods," or "I was tracking a thief," or any other thing that would have given the impression that he didn't get killed from stilling from a known criminal.
Maiden

Postby saltmummy626 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

kk, lets put the brakes on this real quick, I didn't make this thread to bitch about getting killed, im fine with that its not the first time. I made this thread to warn people in my super grid.

also:
Maiden wrote:He did not say why he was tracking him, just that he did... and that he had a boat full of goodies which he took.

He did not say, "Stolen goods," or "I was tracking a thief," or any other thing that would have given the impression that he didn't get killed from stilling from a known criminal.

what? your first line implies that I was not tracking him, but I was at the same time? the second line seems to stat that when I said, "I was tracking theft scents left at my place" that did not mean that I was tracking this guy for theft.

Oh, and some of you may say, "How do you know it was this guy? How do you know it wasn't just some pissed dude chasing after you?" when the chase had just begun, (it was probably the thing which allowed him to catch up) I stopped for a short second to check one of the theft scents for the perpetrator. instead of pointing south like they had been when I grabbed the boat, they pointed north and strait at the guy about an inch on the screen behind me.

[ps]
the upside to this is, after getting killed and going to get what was left on my body, I found 3 peculier flotsam. :)
Want to touch my fibula?
saltmummy626

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Why did you run? he wasted LP on murder
instead of the extra combat

-rolls eyes-

don't panic.
ImageImage
NaoWhut