RE: Raid

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

RE: Raid

Postby Valten21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18372

- The Prelude -

The day started with me logging on to negligible amounts of damage (0) by sling fire. I was inside my palisade, and these raiders of the sort were lurking on the other side of our walls, attempting to taunt me out. They boasted about killing my two friends, and the "203UA" they knew I couldn't handle. With a few questions in skype, my "two friends" turned out to be some noobs who settled near by. I was baffled as to why we were being attacked, as we had not yet provoked such a thing. None the less, I am well experienced with combat system, but happened to be soldier, so I hung tight and waited for my comrades to log on. The prelude concluded when one of the raiders ran up to a mine support and broke it in attempt to wreck my "nice place". After nearly killing both him and his ally, I called them retarded and they left.

- First Blood -

The Pride Of Ainran was assembled, and an assault mounted against the assailants. We tracked towards their hearth fires, picking up a multitude of scents along the way. After confirming a palisade'd area as the perps village, we began tracking the perps them selves, and behold, a lone perp to the north! With haste we departed towards him. Not to far away we spotted him boating towards us. Agro, trapped, and the Pride dispatched him. His last words... assurance we would be killed by one of his comrades.

After, we went back to the perps village, to camp the gates. Behold, another stroke of luck? One of the people who attacked me stood outside the gate, we picked up agro and charged after my assailant, but it is most unfortunate, he escaped our clutch via a near by boat. He broke away, and we delivered our attacks of opportunity, but failed to bring him down.

A brief synopsis of the conversation to follow

Me - "You asked me to come out and play, so I'm here now "
Perp #2 (inside walls) - " I'm not coming out, there are three of you "
Me - "And there are three of you?"

We were assured we would fail, and we left.

-The Tunneling -

The best course of action, decided, was to tunnel to our opponents, as it was noted they had an un-walled cave entrance inside there palisade. The name is the only thing suiting for this... 7+ hours of tunneling, 4 cave systems, and 3 tunnels later we arrived.

tunnelraid1.jpg
tunnelraid1.jpg (78.82 KiB) Viewed 2482 times

tunnelraid2.jpg
tunnelraid2.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 2482 times

Conclusion in next post.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Re: RE: Raid

Postby boshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Raiding with a LS hat on eh?
boshaw

Postby Saphireking65 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 pm

You do know you can tunnel diagonally without supports right? 3 up 3 left, the same principle that keeps snake tunnels from caving in.
Jackard wrote:
Sotsa wrote:I'm sad to see a wizard has shrunk your cabin and put it in a bottle.
better luck next time.

fucking wizards
Saphireking65

Postby NaoWhut » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

boshaw wrote:Raiding with a LS hat on eh?

Everything has it's reasons, young rabbit.
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Valten21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 pm

- The Pride Of Ainran -

We entered what we all hoped would be the cave system connected to our perps palisade. We tracked.. we walked... a wall.. an open gate.
Hearthfires scattered around the entrance, we quickly checked scents, and found a match. It was the perpetrator who assaulted me, mocked me, and assured me we would be the ones who died, not him. A shame he wasn't online.

Tunnelraid3.jpg
- "lololol, gl ". Dead guy said to me when I told him he would die.
Tunnelraid3.jpg (181.47 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

After we dispatched of him, someone logged on, instantly started running, and we pursued vigilantly we all landed on the other side of the cave entrance, and killed him. We got off of him, and someone else appeared at the cave entrance, so we killed him too!

Tunnelraid4.jpg
Pile Up
Tunnelraid4.jpg (202.75 KiB) Viewed 2380 times

This is where things got sloppy, our explorer (no combat stats) wanted to come raiding with us, despite our warnings.... He got caught on the other side of the cave, pinned down by an army of noob alts, and was slowly getting beaten to death by the assailants last warrior. We opted to send Redell back to our village, and run the tunnel again, while myself and Lady Madness waited for corpses to decay, or more people to come online.

It is most unfortunate that we lost our beloved Adam West this day. And because if it, we were fueled to scorch the earth of this establishment. We began wrecking or dropping things above the ground while Redell closed distance to us from the underside. In a climatic battle, the remaining warrior engaged combat with Redell from within the cave. It was silent for a moment, but then laughter broke out over the voice chat, it would appear numbers are not always a match for a player with experience, and skill. The enemy warrior was trumped and high tailed it. Corpses decay. I entered the cave and met Redell, we started summon killing the rest of them off.

Lady luck smiled upon the Pride one last time, when we summoned the warrior who had fought Redell. He attempted to flee with the aid of his fallen comrades on alts. But perseverance prevailed, and we kept behind him. A sigh of relief as Redell caught agro on a key alt. It was over. Coup De Grace. We finished off the warrior, broke, destroyed, plundered, the rest of the village.

It is unfortunate this had to happen, as the village actually had many friendly people in it. Namely, the girl alt named " noob ", and the last warrior we killed, as I don't quite recall him slandering me as much as his fellow warrior.

For Narnia.
Attachments
cavemurder.jpg
cavemurder.jpg (165.62 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby Kearn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

ask adam west if he knew someone named grimwarden in world 3
Kearn

Postby boshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm

lovely wide open gates they got thar
boshaw

Postby Valten21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:00 pm

There was a handfull of ways to break in.... open gates on the bottom, the only claim up top was 5 tiles wide and over the north wall... The guys hearthfire was out in the open. Mistake after mistake.
Valten21

Postby ItsFunToLose » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 pm

RIP Adam West.

A moment of silence.

He was my lawspeaker from W4. I approve of this thread.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Vigilance » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 am

Oh I see how it is. When I'm gone you guys start having all the fun! :roll:
:D
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled