DHS

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: DHS

Postby cloakblade » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:35 am

Just as a note you should build the rental areas away from the main area. Don't want someone building a ram in their area and breaking down walls. Though there's probably ways of handling it I think it would just be easier.

Also I full support this idea.
A.K.A. Suddo
cloakblade

Postby boshaw » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 am

gadien wrote:
boshaw wrote:
If he were to break the gate after each occupants stay then no they can't come back one day and use the same key to get into the place again since it'll have a new gate. They also wouldn't be able to get into other occupants palisades since they wouldn't have access to their keys as they would on a master keyalt.

Fair point. His method is slightly more secure, not sure if its worth the tediousness though.

You're not going to attract many people if you can't guarantee their safety. A shared mater keyalt between occupants is just shouting for disaster.
boshaw

Postby Valnar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 am

I currently am the lawspeaker of a village, would the DHS be willing to give a crossroads to help facilitate trade?
Valnar

Postby Flyffywambler » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 am

Once it's finsihed, yes, I will start handing out crossroad signs to villages who wish to set up shop. I'll have another method to give hermits access as well.

@cloakblade: Ofcourse, the Innkeeper would have his own little private walled-off box with a crossroad inside, to ensure access to the rented out spot for housekeeping purposes, and to keep the gate replacer ram safe.
Ready to wamble!
Flyffywambler

Postby Windforce » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 am

Charter Stone for hermits who wish to acess your trade center.
Lilith Ravenclaw
Lawspeaker - City of Bevelle (World 3)
Windforce

Postby saltmummy626 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:57 am

Flyffywambler wrote:Accommodations for rent

hm. will your accommodations be wagon accessible? since this looks like it may go somewhere, I will share this with you:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14669

Its an old thread where it is explained how to make double doors that wagons can go through.
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Postby ninja_yodeler » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 am

if you manage to set your self out properly, this will indeed go very far, im sure if you are raided, then other villages will help you out.

if the game ever does become more nomad friendly i'd love to visit :mrgreen:
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Windforce » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

saltmummy626 wrote:
Flyffywambler wrote:Accommodations for rent

hm. will your accommodations be wagon accessible? since this looks like it may go somewhere, I will share this with you:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14669

Its an old thread where it is explained how to make double doors that wagons can go through.

I love it everytime I see a picture of that gate. My preciousssss
Lilith Ravenclaw
Lawspeaker - City of Bevelle (World 3)
Windforce

Postby Flyffywambler » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:34 am

Windforce wrote:Charter Stone for hermits who wish to acess your trade center.

Indeed. That's right.

@saltmummy: I had not intended for wagons to go inside, cause I did not think that possible. But having seen that link, I must try and reproduce that wagon gate!
Ready to wamble!
Flyffywambler

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 am

Windforce wrote:Charter Stone for hermits who wish to acess your trade center.

I want to ask a n00b question: how Charter Stone could help hermits to access trade center? I have looked at wiki info and can't think of any way hermit could use charter stone to get there. Am I missing something?
EnderWiggin

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled