Word of Warning

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Word of Warning

Postby Max » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I recently ditched my old settlement because I was the only active person and the base remained unpalisaded since day 1. I joined a friendly village close by and was still in the process of moving in. My old base was claimed within a matter of 12 hours. The conversation below starts with me talking, followed by him. We then alternate.
"Hey village mates, can I get a key to that mine?"
"Sure, come to your house."
"I'll be right there."
"It's in your chest."

I warp to my hearth fire which was still at my old settlement and walked over to my new base. I then retrieved my new key, ate some bear meat. I was prepared to mine. As my hearth fire is closer to the mine than I currently was, I warped to my outside hearth fire only to discover a viscous looking man dashing my way! My heart thumped as I ran in the opposite direction, my hands jumping as my mouse traveled towards the exit button. My mouse made a clicking noise and I was safe. I logged on to an alt who's hearth fire is right next to my main's. The guy walked up to me and we both said "hi."

"You aren't going to kill me, or you?"
The man didn't attack me and I assumed him to be a nice traveler. He said, "No. Do you have wax for sale?"
"Did you claim this area?" (My old base was claimed within a day after I dissolved the claim over it.)
"Pl"
"No. I don't live here anymore. Did you claim here?"
He dashed towards me a delivered a near fatal punch to my untrained, unarmored alt.
Ouch. As I didn't want my alt to be murdered, I responded to his hostility with a simple "Pl0x?" He said nothing. Backed away a bit, then punched me again. I was knocked to the ground and then beaten to death.

I created another alt and spawned at my old base in hopes to talk with the man again. He was in a rush to leave only said "Bye" even though I urged him to stay. I guess he was happy with the measly two cast iron he retrieved from my alt's body.

He seemed nice and although it was unnecessary to kill my alt, there was no real harm done. Anyway, just a word of warning to people live in the central area. If you see a man that looks like the guy here, don't let your alts close to him!

PS: Did you guys know about that thing in the bottom right corner while forum posting? I never noticed it and am quite happy to expand my reply box.
Max

Re: Word of Warning

Postby cobaltjones » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:44 pm

lol at ugly ass unorganized settlements right on the river.
cobaltjones

Postby Max » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm

cobaltjones wrote:lol at ugly ass unorganized settlements right on the river.

Ya, it was never meant to be a permanent living place. We were only going to stay there until we found a high quality soil node, which we never did.

Thanks for the on-topic comment, though. Are all of your posts constructive as that?
Max

Postby Cajoes » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:55 am

More or less.
Cajoes

Postby Sevenless » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 am

Max wrote:
cobaltjones wrote:lol at ugly ass unorganized settlements right on the river.

Ya, it was never meant to be a permanent living place. We were only going to stay there until we found a high quality soil node, which we never did.

Thanks for the on-topic comment, though. Are all of your posts constructive as that?

It's congress. This isn't exactly a forum for conveying information so much as it is a PR statement/entertainment forum. People are here to entertain with stories of what happened to them or they're here to gloat about what they did/are doing to others. Occasionally if someone is amusing enough, or the people they're being attacked by douchey enough, people will help out. But anything that happens to a settlement that isn't at least palisaded is almost always ignored. It's a tough world in this game. But the general sentiment is that if you've bothered to get the LP for yeomanry, then it's your reponsability to build the palisade for yourself. Although random murderers/griefers are common enough, they're also easy to counter. Build the palisade, palisade your mine as well in case they tunnel in. Effort = saftey

Also, rule of thumb? Don't trust anybody in armor, and log off/run at the sight of necro robes. I've still only ever seen griefers wearing them for some weird reason.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bitza » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:41 am

necro robes give a bonus to int, so anyone who's smart is wearing one. it's the best thing to put in that slot until you have a merchant robe.
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Sevenless » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:45 am

bitza wrote:necro robes give a bonus to int, so anyone who's smart is wearing one. it's the best thing to put in that slot until you have a merchant robe.

True, but it doesn't hurt as a rule of thumb either. If they're set up enough to have a necro robe, they have a much higher chance of being able to kill you. Not a guarentee, but if you avoid more set up players until you've figured the game out you're going to have much less of a chance to become one of the oh so many noob ragers we see.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Kaios » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 am

ya watch out for those guys that can see clovers and burn bones in a kiln !!!!

The only thing you have to worry about is the fact that you need murder to make a necro robe, but then again you only need one guy in your group to outfit everyone.
Kaios

Postby Jackard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:14 am

Max wrote:He seemed nice and although it was unnecessary to kill my alt, there was no real harm done. Anyway, just a word of warning to people live in the central area. If you see a man that looks like the guy here, don't let your alts close to him!

dude you live at the kirby mudflat? good job on that
Jackard

Postby daemmonium » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 am

Hey, how is Honorabl3 and the rest of the guys there? All moved? I met you guys on 1st day, and happened to saw the kirby in game, awesome :3
Do you want see right through the devil's eyes?
You must have seen the ground where they all stood before
I was a young man then, I was a young man then
Spending my time on the killing floor
Be more than you seem to be
Joy of labour sets you free.
daemmonium

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled