Friendly Neighbor Stories

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Friendly Neighbor Stories

Postby Markoff_Chaney » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:09 pm

My Story: I'm a new player. I wandered the world a bit and then, about a week ago, I started setting up a hermit camp. I got my claim and my palisade up, and I've been using key alts for my doors. It works, but it's not the most convenient system. I've heard about the crossroad system and I'd like to implement that instead. Unfortunately, the wiki says this requires 4 bear teeth. As I understand it, bear teeth mostly originate from bear mouths, and bear mouths are attached to bears. My dealings with bears have mostly ended with me respawning as a floating ball of light.

Clearly, bears aren't good neighbors. So bears aren't the subject of this thread. My human neighbors are.

I met them (the humans, not the bears) as I was boating around the local waterways. I mentioned that I was looking to trade for some bear teeth. I admitted that I didn't have much to offer in return. To my surprise, they gave me two teeth. For free. I had expected that they would name a price, and that I would spend a long time building up resources to meet that price. I'd like to thank them for their unexpected generosity.

But it doesn't end there. When I warped back to my encampment that night, I saw that a cart was moved from its usual position. Nobody was hiding in the surrounding thicket, as far as I could see in the swampy haze. Cautiously, I opened my airlock to look around. Inside the cart were a couple crates filled with goodies. Some cool wearable gear, a high quality sling, a high quality saw, curiosities, and a few wines and smokeables. Also a note welcoming me to the neighborhood.

I've already put the new gear toward the noble goal of terrorizing the local wildlife. Long story short: it turns out that ursine dentistry isn't as hard as it looks. And it looks like I'll have enough bear teeth to start up that village claim when I'm ready.

To my welcoming committee: you know who you are. I figure that today's bear kill belongs as much to you as to me. I've left you a crate filled with a sample of the meat, intestines, and bones. I feel this will help cement the friendship between our towns. Grisly innards make for the best diplomatic relations (I think Kissinger said that). Lemme know if there's ever anything I can do for you.

To everyone else: give us your best friendly neighbor stories. This forum is filled with too many raid threads. Not everyone is a pumpkinhead.
Markoff_Chaney

Re: Friendly Neighbor Stories

Postby Tapewormz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:31 am

Hey,

No problem. It wasn't me but it was one of my friends in our little town. If you need any seeds we have them for all crops. It'll help kick start your farm. We can craft you some hats too to help with your farming and cooking.

Sincerely,
The non pumpkin heads
Tapewormz

Postby Saphireking65 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:55 am

Our neighbors tried encroaching on our clay node, so we slaughtered them all. We were nice about it though, offering them the chance to live if they declaimed the node, but some people are just too stubborn to make such a great deal.
Jackard wrote:
Sotsa wrote:I'm sad to see a wizard has shrunk your cabin and put it in a bottle.
better luck next time.

fucking wizards
Saphireking65

Postby saltmummy626 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:15 am

back in world 4 my neighbors tried to cut all my trees down, so I chased them away. they didn't go far, they built a mine, they continued to chop my trees and talked shit at me. the mine went into my cave, so I butchered them through the cave, at first it was just one guy and an alt. I shot the guy with arrows from inside there place (the first shot missed XD but he didn't run, he just stood there asking where I was...) second and third shots knocked out and killed him. the alt teleported back inside where my friend smacked the living shit out of it and took its keys. The survivors talked more shit, drained our soil a bit, and disappeared. one more village of filthy clear cutters removed from the hearth lands.

A more positive encounter was when I was going along the river here in w5 and told this guy who was hunting a bear to "KICK THAT BEARS ASS!" that seemed to be the only thing I could say, seeing as it seemed rude not to say anything at all. it gave us both a good laugh, and I went on my way.
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Postby Argus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:12 pm

saltmummy626 wrote:back in world 4 my neighbors tried to cut all my trees down, so I chased them away. they didn't go far, they built a mine, they continued to chop my trees and talked shit at me. the mine went into my cave, so I butchered them through the cave, at first it was just one guy and an alt. I shot the guy with arrows from inside there place (the first shot missed XD but he didn't run, he just stood there asking where I was...) second and third shots knocked out and killed him. the alt teleported back inside where my friend smacked the living shit out of it and took its keys. The survivors talked more shit, drained our soil a bit, and disappeared. one more village of filthy clear cutters removed from the hearth lands.

That first bit, all I could think of was the scene from Batman Begins, where Batman is picking off guys one at a time and the last one screams 'WHERE ARE YOU?!' only to hear Bats whisper, 'Right here,' while next to him. :D

Congratulations, saltmummy; you're now Batman :)

A more positive encounter was when I was going along the river here in w5 and told this guy who was hunting a bear to "KICK THAT BEARS ASS!" that seemed to be the only thing I could say, seeing as it seemed rude not to say anything at all. it gave us both a good laugh, and I went on my way.

I'd bring that guy food and water if he needed it. I hate bears :)
Argus

Postby Killawatt » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:23 pm

I make it a habit to help anyone I see. I recognize the PvP aspects of this game, and while that's fun, I outright refuse to partake in senseless murder. So I roam the shores of my lake, and the area surrounding my pali and go hunt for either civilization or animals.

Just yesterday I saw a Russian trying to fight a boar. I don't think it was going to well since the second I came he got hit for 76. He was pinned against the coast, and I was going to run until he took damage. Got out of my boat, punched it once, Boar ran like a bitch, hunted down and punched it again for him.

Didn't linger to see if he said thanks or fuck you or anything, but considering LP is no longer split or gained via kills, I saw no reason not to help him.
Back, I guess
Killawatt

Postby Cheemo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:57 pm

I once killed three aurochsen, and had two in my boat and carrying one while driving. I saw a little camp so I dropped off the extra one in the middle of it.

Later, I saw someone from that camp hunting a fox from a boat, so I hopped out of mine and killed it for him.

The guys in that camp hardly speak English though :(
Cheemo

Postby Freikugel » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Back in W3 I was a hermit that owned a high Q soil, clay and water node all on the same spot. Eventually one of my neighbours found out and decided that the nodes could be used better if they owned them. I was feeding my cows when they decided to drop by and attack me under the ruse of trading for my natural resources. I managed to kill their whole party, including their LS, except for one who just sailed away in his boat, as he didn't have the MM to hit me with his bow. A day later Jorb announced the server reset, I came by and slaughtered their bootleg village as a bunch of alts yelled "usa pig" at me.

However, W5 has graced me with nice enough neighbours that respect my property and want to actively trade curios and metal for high Q foods, funny how that changed. :)
Freikugel

Postby Woot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Last world, A friend gave me his old plot of land, it had a few 15-19 trees on it, a perfect palisade, and 55 soil, It was spectacular as far as I was concerned at that point, He declaimed the area, gave me the key, and I rushed to my old house to grab the materials to lay a claim, In the span of 1 minute, some asshat noob walked up and chopped down all the trees on the outside of the palisade, He was in the process of making boards/buckets(q4) when I walked up
He ran for his boat, and escaped me, I got my buddy on his boat to the north of me to act as a spotter for him, he started a conversation with him while I sneaked up behind him, When I arrived my pal was talking to two noobs who looked exactly the same, I was unsure which to shoot, so I chose randomly and started aiming from a great distance, I decided JUST late to fire my shot as the other one, who I wasn't aiming at said "I just cut down some assholes trees, Claim that shit foo" It was too late, I'd fired...
The guy who chopped down my trees yelled "YOU KILLED MY FRIEND!!!!" I shot at half aim, and got lucky, they were both KO, neither were dead, I walked up and shanked the guy who cut down my trees, managing to get a parting line in before he was logged out "I loved those trees"
I explained to the tree slayers friend that shooting him was a mistake, and hooked him up with 5 gauze and 9 leather, to repay him
After that, I got the guy to be a fantastic bricker and eventual villager, he dragged his friend along, and we shared a laugh about me shooting him to death

Neighbors eh?
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby kohg » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Everything was going so well until this....
Woot wrote:After that, I got the guy to be a fantastic bricker and eventual villager, he dragged his friend along, and we shared a laugh about me shooting him to death
kohg

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled