French Village

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: French Village

Postby kiro51 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:02 pm

You guys are getting trolled.

Maybe we suck at war, but our bread is Q70. And at least we don't produce Marmite
kiro51

Postby Saphireking65 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Where the fuck are you coming up with Bush propaganda from? It's a joke about how easily the French surrendered to Germany in WWII, it has been around for decades.
Jackard wrote:
Sotsa wrote:I'm sad to see a wizard has shrunk your cabin and put it in a bottle.
better luck next time.

fucking wizards
Saphireking65

Postby Halagaz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Saphireking65 wrote:Where the fuck are you coming up with Bush propaganda from? It's a joke about how easily the French surrendered to Germany in WWII, it has been around for decades.

Nha it was set up by Bush when he humiliated himself in front of the world, and yes he didn't like the fact the french didn't follow him, thats why those kind of comment about french began to flood the internet. Before that you guys where pretty respectfull if i recal well, at least for the fact that without us you would still be english pudings. And French didn't surrender, half the French was with Hitler, the other half was behind de Gaule. The half that was with Hitler had the power when they "surender".
Last edited by Halagaz on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halagaz

Postby CrazyChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 pm

evilrich wrote:like going around your defences? thats not unbeatable tactics just common sense.

Might be common sence, but its still a near unbeatable tactic. How is the defender going to respond to an invasion if it totally bipasses his line of defence.
CrazyChris

Postby evilrich » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 pm

with well trained mobile forces. all you had to do was hit the german advance in the side, and split them off from their supply lines.
evilrich

Postby painhertz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:28 pm

No offense guys but this isn't a "Bash France" thread nor a discussion of WW2 military tactics. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE FUCKING VILLAGES ARE OR NOT?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby evilrich » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 pm

painhertz wrote:No offense guys but this isn't a "Bash France" thread nor a discussion of WW2 military tactics. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE FUCKING VILLAGES ARE OR NOT?

good point, crazychris, i would be happy to discuss ww2 tactics via PM :)
evilrich

Postby CrazyChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 pm

evilrich wrote:good point, crazychris, i would be happy to discuss ww2 tactics via PM :)

Lets go right ahead!
CrazyChris

Postby WarpedWiseMan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:29 pm

I only want to say that the French built the Arc de Triomphe so that victorious armies could parade through it upon returning from a campaign.

And so far the majority of armies that have marched beneath the arch have been foreign.

To try to be helpful: The best place to find French villages is probably in Dwarves & Thieves.
btaylor wrote:I have learned that the game doesn't follow the principles of mathematics. If you want something and the game is in a good mood you can get it, whatever it is. More often than not, however, the game wants you to die.

WarpedWiseMan

Postby CrazyChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:53 pm

WarpedWiseMan wrote:I only want to say that the French built the Arc de Triomphe so that victorious armies could parade through it upon returning from a campaign.

And so far the majority of armies that have marched beneath the arch have been foreign.

To try to be helpful: The best place to find French villages is probably in Dwarves & Thieves.

Last thing ill say about France is that they where not always defeated. Look at the 100 years war between them and Britain, and the many victories of Napoleon.
CrazyChris

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled