Failed Boat Chasers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Failed Boat Chasers

Postby Neptjunoue » Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 am

Much shorter if one of the attacker is able to swim/board your boat while his allies block you off with their boat
Reaper, Reaper, that's what people call me! Why?
Cause they all die! When I sing, I end their lives
You act as though payback makes you a noble man
Is that a fact? Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!
Neptjunoue

Postby Valten21 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 am

That is also assuming the person who borded your boat can kill you. you might be running because it's a 3v1 or something... some guy jumps in your boat , just keep boating and fight him back.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby Neptjunoue » Thu May 05, 2011 4:15 am

I haven't tried this because I haven't tested the scenario with an alt but it may be possible that moving on boat counts as moving in general thus invoking the 0 defense penalty. Even then, moving will constantly interrupt your moves and it is hard to focus both on maneuvering on boat as well as combat. Also should you kill the guy that boarded you, it will pin down your boat down meaning you need to board an enemy boat (since they will command-destroy object your boat).
Neptjunoue

Postby Vigilance » Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 am

Neptjunoue wrote:I haven't tried this because I haven't tested the scenario with an alt but it may be possible that moving on boat counts as moving in general thus invoking the 0 defense penalty. Even then, moving will constantly interrupt your moves and it is hard to focus both on maneuvering on boat as well as combat. Also should you kill the guy that boarded you, it will pin down your boat down meaning you need to board an enemy boat (since they will command-destroy object your boat).

You're wrong with everything you said.

Each click counts as vulnerability, though, iirc, so you're half-right on that.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Neptjunoue » Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 am

Sorry if you are misunderstanding what I said. I was only giving possible scenario on both counts if boat moving counts or not as an invocation of the 0-defense movement penalty or not and how both scenario would be a disadvantage to you combat wise. This is speaking from an inexperienced dealing with boarding as I had not boarded nor been boarded before. I can say that boat moving will interrupt your queue'ed moves though which means more micromanagement.
Neptjunoue

Postby buttlord » Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 am

Neptjunoue wrote:This is speaking from an inexperienced dealing with boarding as I had not boarded nor been boarded before.

this is why you shouldn't post! :)
buttlord

Postby shadowchris » Thu May 05, 2011 6:07 am

Oh that was you?xD. Sorry my idiotic friend likes to go after noobs. I didn't chase you. I just aimed at your head that's all. On the other hand, my friend didn't know he can't block someone off with two people. I wasn't going for the buzz kill because no LP and I can't really get any loot from youin a boat.
Last edited by shadowchris on Thu May 05, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby burgingham » Thu May 05, 2011 6:10 am

buttlord wrote:boats are overpowered, any clueless nerd can just boat away from danger, something needs to be done so the pointless chase always has some conclusion to it

Lol. People make mistakes especially in these kinds of chases. I never lost anyone in a boatchase, in the end they are always dead.
burgingham

Postby Sarchi » Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 am

shadowchris wrote:Oh that was you?xD. Sorry my idiotic friend likes to go after noobs. I didn't chase you. I just aimed at your head that's all. On the other hand, my friend didn't know he can't block someone off with two people. I wasn't going for the buzz kill because no LP and I can't really get any loot from youin a boat.

Swim into their boat?
Sarchi

Postby NaoWhut » Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 am

Huh... well, retaliation's always a blast.
ImageImage
NaoWhut

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled