Russian griefer kills me - Need translation

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Russian griefer kills me - Need translation

Postby Grable » Fri May 06, 2011 7:24 am

Theft scents without a palisade.
Grable

Postby Omnipotent » Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm

The way it seems, you are the griefer, and you don't even realize it. Not only that, but you made some stupid decisions. I'll explain here what you did wrong.

1. Stole property without leaving a message for them to know why you took it. (even if you had the intention to return it, they just think somebody stole their shit)
2. You stole without a palisade. (almost as bad as leaving your HF outside)
3. You bought stealing without a palisade, or at least somewhere safe to keep your HF.
4. Stole from a palisade with skeletons in front of it, without expecting to become one yourself. (Or being able to defend yourself from the people who made them)

PS: By leaving theft scents at somebodies base, which also happens to have multiple skeletons in front of it, you should realize that there's a very large chance you're going to die. Unless you AT LEAST either know one of the people in the base and can contact them, or leave a runestone.
Omnipotent

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 07, 2011 3:45 am

Omnipotent wrote:The way it seems, you are the griefer, and you don't even realize it. Not only that, but you made some stupid decisions. I'll explain here what you did wrong.

1. Stole property without leaving a message for them to know why you took it. (even if you had the intention to return it, they just think somebody stole their shit)
3. You bought stealing without a palisade, or at least somewhere safe to keep your HF.
4. Stole from a palisade with skeletons in front of it, without expecting to become one yourself. (Or being able to defend yourself from the people who made them)

PS: By leaving theft scents at somebodies base, which also happens to have multiple skeletons in front of it, you should realize that there's a very large chance you're going to die. Unless you AT LEAST either know one of the people in the base and can contact them, or leave a runestone.

And just in case people think leaving a runestone will always help, with some people it won't.

Basically, if you don't think you'd survive being hunted by some bored player killers, don't do it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby rozn » Sat May 07, 2011 5:00 am

Sevenless wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:The way it seems, you are the griefer, and you don't even realize it. Not only that, but you made some stupid decisions. I'll explain here what you did wrong.

And just in case people think leaving a runestone will always help, with some people it won't.

Basically, if you don't think you'd survive being hunted by some bored player killers, don't do it.

^
Certainly, in taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior; for it is a prince’s part to pardon. - A wise friend.
rozn

Previous

Return to In Congress Assembled