BAD VILLAGE! (Dear jorb)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: BAD VILLAGE! (Dear jorb)

Postby otherperson » Sat May 07, 2011 9:42 am

novaalpha wrote:
otherperson wrote:O I learned novaalpha did it

novaalpha wrote:I'd still like to see some evidence, tho.

Why would you want to see some evidence? It's obvious you or one of your villagers did it. And like I said, you or one of your villagers also said that he would kill us or something and called us thieves.
otherperson

Postby novaalpha » Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 am

otherperson wrote:Why would you want to see some evidence?

Because to accuse someone you need to present evidence. For now this thread is 7 pages of pointing fingers.
novaalpha

Postby d00mface » Sat May 07, 2011 9:51 am

novaalpha wrote:No evidence no ram.
= no reward, newb. I can't wait untill u get banned :lol: . just a joke ;)
d00mface

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat May 07, 2011 5:00 pm

d00mface wrote: = no reward, newb. I can't wait untill u get banned :lol: . just a joke ;)

hmm. you never learn, do you?
if anyone could get banned from this thread, then that would be both (or all) your accounts im afraid.
Tonkyhonk

Postby jorb » Sun May 08, 2011 1:56 pm

I have no clue what this thread is about, but it seems awesome.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Chrizzenstein » Sun May 08, 2011 1:59 pm

I agree.
other account of the user 'Vigilance'
Chrizzenstein

Postby Inspirational175 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:07 pm

I believe the noob who took the cookie out of the cookie jar did it. COOKIE MONSTER...
Inspirational175

Postby Woot » Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 am

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Palisade

You need yeomanry to build a palisade...

I'm so confused, you need bone glue to make a palisade, so you had bones
You String to make rope, so you could easily make a dream catcher.

Even if you didn't know you should seal palisades, why did you not stake a claim?

Also, what makes you so damn sure it was sparta? "they are the closest village" isn't good logic if that's what you are thinking, surely you traveled far and wide to gather those bones for glue, anyone could have done it, I know where you live, I've boated past that area before, and I live about... an hour away? maybe?

I doubt it was him, with the amount of positive feedback the perp is getting, he's still asking for evidence

If you're still in the area, I have a pretty good idea you will get griefed, but that's because you posted your co-ords and then tried to get someone banned for your own lack of foresight, I personally wouldn't pick up the scents should alpha decide to shoot you. or anyone else for that matter.

I understand it was a noobish mistake on your part, but behaving this way on the forum has you screwed, because now nobody wants to come break you out.
Ultimately HnH is a game, and a really fun one at that, roll with the punches, get hooked up with a fun loving village, and mingle, This game has No NPCs or quests, Boar and bear are only fun for the first bit, and even raids eventually get boring I'm sure (thinking of oddity here, I still have fun, but I forsee they will eventually grow old, you can only hammer into an abandoned town so many times before it gets sad) YOU! are responsible for the fun you have in HnH

Come up with a plan, and follow through with it, in example, Last world early on (for me) I decided it would be HILARIOUS! to go find the strongest peacefull village in my area and litter their gate with skeletons (you know who you are) I did this SO often, trade dried up for them, they eventually caught me in the act, and a very large man in a bear cape warped out and oneshot KOd my main character, he then asked me just what the hell I thought I was doing my reply "*shrug*"
He then killed me, took my scents (theft, misplace a skeleton, derp) and broke my dead HF so I couldn't do it again.

was this griefing? Maybe, but the point remains, it was a goal, and it worked out well, I made my own fun, and I rolled with the punches
if you aren't having fun in HnH, it is your own fault, the game is limited only by your own ability to make fun.
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby Woot » Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 am

Another fun ploy I've done many times, Kill a bear, build HF next to corpse spawn alt, carry bear corpse to closest village and beg for a bear doctor/veterinarian because your friend is sick, the surprise at a noob with a dead bear should be mildly amusing, assuming someone is willing to play along in exchange for the bear

This also works with a deer, BAMBI NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only person to do these sorts of things, I got the idea originally as a youthful hermit happily planting my first pumpkin seed
two men in matching full steelplate Hopped out of their boat right in front of my house one ignored my claim and immediately went into my home, the other told me I had the honer of serving his lordship Rawr, lawspeaker of the mighty odditown empire (this is not true as far as I know, but that's what they said)
The other guy came out of my home with my table, and set it down, pulling a chair out of his boat, and set it up, they then decorated my table with fine symbol items (to me anyways) and plowed 3-4 tiles to the river and setup a red brick walkway, by then another boat showed up and a man dressed as the other two but with a merchants robe and he walked over to the table and ate all my rabbit and fox.
It was pretty funny at the time, and I got a few nice symbol items too, metal silverware.

*edit* Should you copy these ideas? probably not, I found them much more amusing than most people would, then again, I'm easily entertained
but I hope you get the idea, make your own fun, find what amuses you most, and do it, spawn an alt in your village and make sexual grunt noises in the sheep pen, whatever it takes to get a laugh.
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby daemmonium » Mon May 09, 2011 7:08 am

Woot wrote:http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Palisade

You need yeomanry to build a palisade...

I'm so confused, you need bone glue to make a palisade, so you had bones
You String to make rope, so you could easily make a dream catcher.

Even if you didn't know you should seal palisades, why did you not stake a claim?

Hi Woot :) . His explanation for no claim was this:

otherperson wrote:I had just suicided to go to my other place with a mine, so I removed the claim.

Also, he just assumed it was us because we were the closest, and we posted crap in this thread. I passed thru that place more than 10 times a day so ofc I know it it was sealed, unsealed, claimed, unclaimed, etc. I've found lots of villages in the surroundings with this kind of fails, even guys with unsealed brickgate (outside wall), yet I'm too lazy to do that kind of crap, but I actually had fun arguing with this noob talking as I did it, when I didnt.

Aaanyway, this thread was funny, now I regret that I wasnt the one that actually got him trapped :(
Do you want see right through the devil's eyes?
You must have seen the ground where they all stood before
I was a young man then, I was a young man then
Spending my time on the killing floor
Be more than you seem to be
Joy of labour sets you free.
daemmonium

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled