Moral Dilemma

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moral Dilemma

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun May 08, 2011 3:22 am

Sarchi wrote:Don't be a pussy. Take the cave.

Agreed. If you always shy away from opportunity, then you never make worthwhile gains. Everything comes with risk but you must show that you are intelligent and capable enough to deal with what transpires if you want to grow.
TeckXKnight

Postby Zampfeo » Sun May 08, 2011 5:33 am

The nearby village most likely will cause you trouble eventually, but sure, go for it.
Zampfeo

Postby btaylor » Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 am

Zampfeo wrote:The nearby village most likely will cause you trouble eventually, but sure, go for it.

If they do, lesson learned. However, the cave wasn't claimed so he can't be blamed for taking it.
The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

Postby Zampfeo » Sun May 08, 2011 6:34 am

btaylor wrote:
Zampfeo wrote:The nearby village most likely will cause you trouble eventually, but sure, go for it.

If they do, lesson learned. However, the cave wasn't claimed so he can't be blamed for taking it.

The presence of a village is just as powerful as a personal claim and he can be blamed for settling on another village's territory.
Zampfeo

Postby btaylor » Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 am

Zampfeo wrote:
btaylor wrote:

The presence of a village is just as powerful as a personal claim and he can be blamed for settling on another village's territory.

Then if they're power-hungry for land they can just extend their village claim to his and revoke it. Either way, I don't see any physical harm coming to OP because of his decision to claim a cave that was not claimed. Worst case scenario I see is them extending their village claim and revoking his claim. I don't think they would be stupid enough to murder him over it.
btaylor

Postby Zampfeo » Sun May 08, 2011 7:02 am

btaylor wrote:Then if they're power-hungry for land they can just extend their village claim to his and revoke it. Either way, I don't see any physical harm coming to OP because of his decision to claim a cave that was not claimed. Worst case scenario I see is them extending their village claim and revoking his claim. I don't think they would be stupid enough to murder him over it.

If the caves are close enough to mine into one another, the village would be stupid not to secure it especially since their cave is inside their village.
Zampfeo

Postby btaylor » Sun May 08, 2011 7:10 am

Zampfeo wrote:
btaylor wrote:Then if they're power-hungry for land they can just extend their village claim to his and revoke it. Either way, I don't see any physical harm coming to OP because of his decision to claim a cave that was not claimed. Worst case scenario I see is them extending their village claim and revoking his claim. I don't think they would be stupid enough to murder him over it.

If the caves are close enough to mine into one another, the village would be stupid not to secure it especially since their cave is inside their village.

Well, OP said the village is two maps away from the cave he is claiming. That's a fair distance away, so the village may have overlooked this cave or is in the process of securing it. Either way, if OP claims it, he can always sell the rights to the cave back to them for whatever he needs. :)
btaylor

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun May 08, 2011 8:58 am

btaylor wrote:Well, OP said the village is two maps away from the cave he is claiming. That's a fair distance away, so the village may have overlooked this cave or is in the process of securing it. Either way, if OP claims it, he can always sell the rights to the cave back to them for whatever he needs. :)

hmm. but two maps isnt a fair distance to some villages. (as in, they go "my SG")
you should always remember some players never care "who claimed first" thing and just take everything by force whenever they feel like or find out. its really up to OP's playstyle, no judging by others should be made.
Tonkyhonk

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun May 08, 2011 9:05 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
btaylor wrote:Well, OP said the village is two maps away from the cave he is claiming. That's a fair distance away, so the village may have overlooked this cave or is in the process of securing it. Either way, if OP claims it, he can always sell the rights to the cave back to them for whatever he needs. :)

hmm. but two maps isnt a fair distance to some villages. (as in, they go "my SG")
you should always remember some players never care "who claimed first" thing and just take everything by force whenever they feel like or find out. its really up to OP's playstyle, no judging by others should be made.

And those villages are retards if they can't assert their power to anything but newbies, sorry.

No claim? Fair game.

It ain't their 'territory' if it ain't claimed, if they wanna fight for it, the sad thing is I'm sure there's a few white knights on the forum that would go kill them for it. I prefer to watch and see what happens and check people off on my eventual list of fun things to do.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Nyxie » Mon May 09, 2011 1:44 am

btaylor wrote:Then if they're power-hungry for land they can just extend their village claim to his and revoke it.

How does this work? I read the wiki about village claims etc. but I understood that the LS of the village can revoke a personal claim that already exists within the village. Do you mean that people can drop villages anywhere near personal claims and then gobble them up? Isn't there a limit to how close you can get to an existing claim? I am just surprised because I would imagine that people with sufficient skills and resources would grief the hell out of each other with this feature. Maybe I just misunderstood how it works, I'm a newbie. :shock:
Nyxie

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled