Abandoned villages

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Abandoned villages

Postby ArvinJA » Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 pm

I've found many villages that have been abandoned, some that had gold tiles, the trend really can't be dismissed. I'm thinking most of them got raided and the players moved to bigger villages or quit altogether? Thoughts?
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Re: Abandoned villages

Postby Wisp » Sun May 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Sure, why not?
Jackard wrote:GREETINGS INTERNET FRIEND

WE HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE, BUT WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN MY UNSECRET SERVICE WHICH LACKS EVEN A COMMON PURPOSE? I HEAR SPIES GET LOTS OF ADVENTURE FOLLOWED BY HOT SEX.

PLEASE LIST YOUR CREDENTIALS IF SO. I WILL SEE WHETHER I CAN WORK YOU INTO MY ARBITRARY HIERARCHY.
Wisp

Postby Anomander » Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

What you call "gold tile" is very very probably just yellow brick.
Anomander

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Dead villages aren't uncommon at this point in the game. I know I've already left one I helped build behind this world.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Argus » Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 am

Well, for a bit today I thought I was going to have to abandon my freehold and start over. Small difference of opinion with a herd of mouflon (I really gotta get better at punching things). Long story short: now I'm Argus III.

*sigh* At least I did enough mining to build some nice metal tools. I should be okay till I can kick my skills back up with curios.
Argus

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 am

People quit, others move on, hermits join villages, villages disband, and sometimes there's just migration to greener pastures. Death and raiders aren't the only driving factors to people leaving their old homes. I surely know I've moved to be on top of valuable resources before in the past -- and on the other side I've moved away from resources to just enjoy the scenery.
TeckXKnight

Postby painhertz » Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 am

Sevenless wrote:Dead villages aren't uncommon at this point in the game. I know I've already left one I helped build behind this world.

Two..... Although I took one over and it's semi-active. I've found that other than building a house to get the furniture recipes, it's easier to just drop a claim on abandoned property and fix it up. My current Fort was abandoned with two houses and all the furniture a work areas alrerady built. I just dropped a claim, walled it and wala. Home.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Shadow7168 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 am

Ahh yes, I had alot of those in W3. Was very useful for my caravan; camp out in a abandoned place for 3ish days and then leave. Much easier especially if you find an unsealed palisade. Sadly, W5 hasn't had much time for those places to appear commonly...
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby warpigs » Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 am

painhertz wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Dead villages aren't uncommon at this point in the game. I know I've already left one I helped build behind this world.

Two..... Although I took one over and it's semi-active. I've found that other than building a house to get the furniture recipes, it's easier to just drop a claim on abandoned property and fix it up. My current Fort was abandoned with two houses and all the furniture a work areas alrerady built. I just dropped a claim, walled it and wala. Home.

By any chance did you name your village earthworm or some Shit like that? Cause if you did I am still there.

If so let me know and I will move on. Found the gate open on day and wondered in.
warpigs

Postby Eemerald » Thu May 12, 2011 8:55 am

if ure lawspeaker of a village and u get killed, then inherit that lawspeaker then why dont u get even access to the village? seems pointless when u cant move around the village u inherited:S any way out of this. even if someone wanted to cancel the claim and move elsewhere they cant
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled