I trapped myself like a moron

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

I trapped myself like a moron

Postby Enti » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Hello forums. Me again. The same guy who got assaulted the other day.

For the short version, I locked myself in my own pali at (-6,-7) and would like someone to tear down either my wall or my house.

For the long version, it all started yesterday. After the assault, I doubled my efforts to get this wall done. I finished up the wall, and started doing things while the wall finished setting. I gathered up a ton of trees and paved the path I planned to go on, which ended up being an epic phail. My plan involved going around the flow of the river, simply do to the fact I was to close to it, which is an easy mistake. The even stupider mistake was planning on having several posts turn next to each other, meaning two corner posts would have to be made next to each other in order to get the plan. Since I couldn't do that, I went in the opposite direction, only finding out that I had a similar problem. Right in front of my house. For some reason, I decided that I didn't need a lot of room in front of my house and that it would be easier just to build a straight wall in front of my house, so I did that instead. When I got to my door, I realized that I may not be able to get in or leave my house, where my hearth is located. So I went to my hearth fire, then exited and decided "Well, if I could exit the building that must mean I have enough room to leave it properly" and finished building that damned wall. In front of my door. Then, after my attempts to exit where all in vain, knowing I could not destroy either of the soak 25 objects, I did the logical thing and went to sleep. While in bed, I came to the conclusion that this was a really shitty place to live and that I was going to move tomorrow to some place. So when I got on this morning, I destaked my claim and tried to get threw the little bit of room it looked like I had. After waiting patiently for any of my kin to get on, mainly waiting for my neighbors who I just figured out I had, to get on and singing variations of "Suspicious minds" (I'm caught in a trap....I can't walk out....), I decided that the forums are a good place to find good people who like to break stuff. Since I am leaving my village, just take any thing you want from it as a reward, but it doesn't have anything useful. Just for fun, I will make a screenshot after lunch.
Enti

Re: I trapped myself like a moron

Postby RJT » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Why not just break your hearth and wilderness spawn?
[8:21:56 PM] Ravian: We didn't run
[8:22:04 PM] Ravian: We left in the other direction
http://strawpoll.me/6822558
Stand against tyranny, Brothers and sisters. Rise!
RJT

Postby Eemerald » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

awwww

you ALWAYS need space. even if ure a newb.

why dont u just travel into the wilderness or something? pick up ur stuff and just get out. i'm pretty sure u have it as a travel option along with travelling to hearthfire.
Eemerald

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:17 pm

This is hilarious.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Mvpeh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Potjeh wrote:This is hilarious.

I can v-port you out if needed. :roll:
My son, walk not in the way unarmed; because thou knowest not when thy enemy shall come upon thee.
Mvpeh

Postby Enti » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Why not just break your hearth and wilderness spawn?

I took this suggestion into account and attacked my fire with my low quality axe. After going threw several bars of stamina with no notifiable effect, as well as looking in my cupboard only to find raw meat, I quickly decided that by the time I was able to do any damage whatsoever I would have starved.

awwww

you ALWAYS need space. even if ure a newb.

What ever happened to newbs immunity to the laws of time and space? Those are sacred and must be granted to me.

why dont u just travel into the wilderness or something? pick up ur stuff and just get out. i'm pretty sure u have it as a travel option along with travelling to hearthfire.

I don't seem to have one. Image

This is hilarious.

Ill be sure to take solace in that as I chew on chicken bones while staring down the wall to see who lives longer.

I can v-port you out if needed.

Thanks. I'm not sure what that is to be honest, but it sounds helpful. How can I help?

And here is the screenshot I promised.

Enti

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 pm

your map WOULD be zoomed in all the way..
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby bmjclark » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 pm

NaoWhut wrote:your map WOULD be zoomed in all the way..

He gave coords, it doesn't matter if his map is zoomed =p
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:22 pm

he did?

huh.. i'd bash his wall for him.. but i
just got home from a freezing school
and think i'd rather sleep than go
through the log in process..
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Enti » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Yep, (-6,-7). I usually keep my map zoomed out, but it seemed kind of pointless when staying inside...

And if the formulas I got are correct, I can't break the hearth fire. From what I can tell of the wiki, the destroy power is calculated by the √strength + tool. My strength is 14, √14=3.74165739. 3.74165739 + 1 (Axe)= 4.74165739. The Hf has a soak of five, so you have to do over that to be able to damage it...
Enti

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled