The Accidental Raid

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

The Accidental Raid

Postby painhertz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 pm

So.... Night before last I'm boating along foraging/hunting and come come upon a guy standing on a mudflat, two LC's next to him and he's wearing a Merch Robe, Ranger's gear blah blah. Since I'm full zoomed out he doesn't notice me and being the scoundrel I am, I take aim with my bow to shoot him in the back. I let fly my arrow at 35% aim figuring that either I'll get a bonk off of his armor and he'll run, or I'll miss and he'll run, neither happens, the arrow slices into him and down he goes. I rush to park my boat, run up and take one swing and boom, he's dead.

I start looting him and the funniest thing becomes known to me, the idiot had NO armor on, Just a Merch Robe and Ranger gear. No leather pants, no plate or ANY armor, just the clothes. I loot these in addition to a Merchant Ring and an Occult Ring and head home.

Yesterday evening I log on, walk out of my house to the sight of a ram near my front wall. Walking across my small town/vault, I find written in paving next to my wall the word "XYN" which I'm told is Russian for dick. lol Being as how I kill a lot of Russians, I'm not at all sure who did this so I grab Vandal scents and get to tracking. After about 20 minutes of boating, it becomes apparent that I'm heading back to the area where I killed the guy the night before and it turns out that he's from a town I had been planning on raiding as soon as I got enough Str to paly bash.... convenient.....

By painhertz at 2011-09-23

I circle the town and figure out that the guys HF is underground so I began my search for a cave entrance nearby and soon find one, burrow into the cavern system under the town and track the vandel to a third level mine hole, summon him and summarily execute him, seems that it's my buddy from last night who apparently didn't think that one death was enough.

(Didn't screenshot the guy I executed, but judging by the fact he was wearing a linen shirt with his Merch Robe and Ranger's gear AND PLATE ARMOR IN HIS BAG, NOT WORN I figured out this was the guy from last night)

I decide to search around to see if maybe there's a mine hole or cave unguarded into the town and come to a brick walled mine hole to the second level. Shucks, I can't get through that...... Wait, wut? right around the corner is another mine hole to the same level, these guys aren't the coldest beers in the fridge....

So I head down the vulnerable mine shaft and burrow my way into the one below the brick wall.... HERP DERP RUSSIANS..
The farther my tunnel gets the more of the room under the walled mine hole shows up and it seems I've found some tasty loots.

Initially, I find cupboards with the usual junk in them, metals, coal, blah blah then I spy a nicely dressed table and sit down to...a nice meal of 8 slices of Qual 65 MBC.....Yummy, just what I was needing. I notice the nice gold dinner bell on the table and secret it away on my person. This whole time, I've been finding single keys and key molds, at this point I have about 10 of each. I also looted 25 or so slices of Brogdar Blue.... At level 5, I find a house! (Glad I didn't have to haul the materials down there.) and in a cupboard inside? Two sweet and tasty gold nuggets. Awwww yeah.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I decide to port home so I can make some nuggets to use on those key molds, remove duplicates and generally tidy them up into key rings. Once I have my keyrings in order, head back and sure enough, the front gate opens for me and I begin rifling through the town, unfortunately it's looking like the best loot was in the mines and since there was a lock box down there, I decided to head back down and try the keys on it.....but who should i find guarding the path to the cave entrance but the LAWSPEAKER HIMSELF!!!! Dun dun dun.... I fire one shot that hits him but he doesn't go down....I rush forward and start stacking on him and he....logs off.

Like I said, not the smartest cats. I give him his issue and find a keyring on him as well as the usual Merch robe, 2 Merch rings etc etc. I head on down to the lock box and click, it opens for on of the Lawspeakers keys and i find....steel. :( 6 bars of it and 1 Pearl but eh, better than nothing.

Although there was some "serious" materials for the production of cheese, it appears that maybe the guys death the night before spooked them so all the cheese but what found underground was gone. :(

Some of the loot from this accidental caper....

Anyways, hope I didn't bore you all to tears.

Edit: i broke between 8-10 hearth fires so check your scents people.
Last edited by painhertz on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Re: The Accidental Raid

Postby dullah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:29 pm

well written, loot was decent.
Congratz
dullah

Postby burgingham » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Yep, nice story. These guys better learn their village defense history. This is almost too easy.
burgingham

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm

just out of curiosity, but what is the name of this village?
Tonkyhonk

Postby killette2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Makes me wonder why they even have armor if they don't use it.
killette2

Postby painhertz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:just out of curiosity, but what is the name of this village?

Won't name the village for several reasons, i still have a bunch of loot to get out of the not so glamorous types, (Food, leather, etc) and judging by xroads in the town, it's either an RUA village or allied with them so yeah, let them track me. lol
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby kLauE » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:30 pm

well done :)
kLauE

Postby Grable » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Who stole Painhertz's account and made a shitfree post??
Grable

Postby DeadlyPencil » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:06 pm

just stating the obvious but they probably have their own gold node.... you probably should mine it out.
DeadlyPencil

Postby cobaltjones » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:27 pm

You don't have a palibasher yet?
cobaltjones

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled